Very Useful Tool Thought I Would Share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Useful Tool Thought I Would Share

I found this tool on the INTERNET...its a trial but unlimited. Its the same type of programming your attorney uses when he does your bankruptcy. You type in all the information and can print it. It will say demo on everything so you cant use it to file. But, since I decided to file on my own I have been entering all the information and will print from this tool and then review and make necessary corrections then transfer it to the actual paperwork before filing. I have been using it for a few weeks now I like it and it goes as far as to giving explanation of what each form is and what you need it for and what to input. I wanted it to share someone might find it as useful as I have.

~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

I've already filed (with an attorney) but that is what he used to file (I think!)... great tool for those filing pro-se! Thanks for the link!
    3/27/07: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO (hers/his) 450/477
    5/10/07: 341 Meeting DONE! Trustee's Report of No Distribution Filed
    7/04/07: FICOs going up! Credit report cleanup (hers/his) 540/536
    7/10/07: DISCHARGED! 8/27/07: CLOSED!

Comment

Your Welcome! ITs pretty awesome. I have been loving using it. The information isnt so overwhelming now. You just follow each section and follow the directions etc. Pretty simple. I cant wait to finish this seems like its taking me forever and I just want it to be all over with.

Comment

I thought I would add last night I was going from Form to Form and at the bottom was the actual Means Calculator that the attorney uses. So, for those who simply just need the means calculator this is definitely worth downloading for use and its free.

At first it kept saying I was disqualified...lol...I was like how is that I dont make hardly anything a month then ... I found where you could type in each individual job~it even tells you which months you need according to the date you want to file. Its a really nifty tool.

Comment

you are an angel! just what I needed!

Unfortunately, to add to my nerves and my troubles, I have to do my own bankruptcy filing, no attorney, through online service

It actually was working great but I could not figure out for the lif of me the disposable income section and how it would look.

It kept telling me my calculations left a -642 disposable income which I assume means that would be close to my trustee payment

anyway downloaded this trial and am going to use it to see what it should really look like before I actually have the paperwork printed out by bankruptcy service

thanx so much!

reene

Comment

If you are interested in using bankrupty software, check out the Blankrupter program from Blumberg. That's what I used and I was complimented on my paperwork by the trustee. It's a lot cheaper - only $50. You also don't have to pay for it until you're ready to print the forms so you can play with it and make sure you like it before you buy it. The Nolo book recommends this program.
            Good luck, reener!
            Filed Chapter 7 pro se- 7/24/07
            341 Meeting - 9/13/07 Done!
            Last day for objections - 11/12/07
            Discharged!!!! -11/26/07

Comment

If you're doing a 13, don't go pro se unless you REALLY know EVERYTHING. This is so tricky and the trustee apparently will object to your plan. It's worth it to hire an atty to handle that. You pay your attorney only the down payment ( what would of spent paying your non-secureds ) so if you were paying non-secureds, stop and pay an attorney. You'll be happy you did.
              Filed: October 1, 2007 341: December 10, 2007
              CONFIRMED: December 10, 2007
              Payment: $825 / Mo. for 5 Years-29 MONTHS OF Pmts Down 23 to go!

Comment

The down pmt in a 13 is usually the filing fee all else is added into the plan.
                Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

attorney would be great but...

the attorneys in the small TX area that I come from were all asking in the range of 1000-1200

the lowest I could get was 800 plus the filing fee.

In TX, they have very lenient foreclosure laws towards the mortgage company. I saw somewhere else where you can delay the foreclosure in other states, not in TX. And, there is no redemption at all! If your house is foreclosed on, you don't get it back, no options.

Also, I hate to say this, but in my first filing, the attorneys fees were the only thing that actually got paid all the way off becuz they get paid first before any of your creditors.

so I paid an attorney 2500 plus the filing fee and was only able to maintain the plan for about a year before having to stop making payments

I do not recommend pro se at alll but it is possible, you have to plan and you must know everything, research everything and free consult with attorney if possible.

I did not feel so bad about my free consultation because the guy was so rude and cut me off several times when I know I was asking valid questions or raising important issues...

and then when he realized I may not sign the contract, he started to act real nice but of course unless he had lowered the retainer significantly and I liked him (which I did not) there was to be no contract. He was one of the ones that sent me a letter saying my house was up for foreclosure.

I know the attorney has to make a living and profit also and I know all the time I devoted to the paperwork would have been cut in half by them, plus the fact I have not been able to sleep
                  for several days, but I am very hopeful

and I can only trust in the universe that I am a good person and I have made valient efforts through illness and adversity to keep my precious house.

As I have said before I have no other debt, I actually have good credit and I am filing in good faith with every intention of catching up with my mortgage company and car payments.

wish me luck!

I will also try tweaking some more with the blankrupter program mentioned, every extra view helps.

I file Monday am.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X