top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RANT!!!!! About pizzas..stupid and long!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RANT!!!!! About pizzas..stupid and long!!

Decided to order Pizza tonight. Don't order out much these days, so it is a treat when we do!! Well, they delivered it around 530. All excited to eat and guess what? Wrong pizzas!! Called Papa Johns, and they said, "well, we can give you discount on next order." I said, "uh, no, you can re-deliver the right order." They said, "ok, 45-50 min"

1 hour later, no Pizza. Called them up, they say it will be another hour. I ask why they say its because its a redo. I say the more reason it should be quicker!!! Then I ask for the manager. She then tells me the reason is because they only have 2 delivery drivers. Then she thinks she hung up and tells them to start on the pizzas!!! So I call back and ask her why they hadn't started and she admits they had forgot to remake them. I was livid! So she say another hour now because they are so busy. Now its already 7pm! So I told her give me a refund! She says no because you might eat the pizzas you have.

GIVE ME A &*%*#in BREAK!!!! OMG!!! Are you serious!!! So at this point I can't believe I'm actaully wasting my time and energy on pizzas and if we didn't hate black olives so much we'd probably just eat the stupid cold pizzas.

Anyway I get in my car and drive in sat night traffic to the pizza place to return the pizzas for a refund. I go into the pizza place put the pizzas on the counter and would you believe the same manager I talked to on the phone, who spoke perfect English comes to the counter and start speaking to me in Spanish. Now please know I am the blondest white girl you will ever meet!! I promtly told her that I do not speak spanish and she says, "no speak English!" What!!!! you speak Perfect English, you freak!! I just talk to you on the phone 10 min ago...TWICE!!! Then she took her ink pen and starting picking off the black olives and staring trying to convince me (in English, mind you...its a miracle now, she speaks English all of the sudden) that the olives are mushrooms! Am I in the TWILIGHT ZONE?

SO, the saga continues!! She take my pizzas and give me $7.00 cash. I ask her what is this? She says its the delivery charge and the tip. You paid the pizza in credit card so I can't refund that. At that point I lost my temper and probably did raise my voice a little. So she leaves the counter and goes to the office. 10 minutes passes and she doesn't come out. Finally I told the cashier. Look either remake the pizzas or give me my money. He says her can't do either.

I am embarrassed to say that I actually had to call the police who had to get the manager on the phone, who then again claimed to not speak English and requested a spanish speaking officer. They told her to either remake the pizzas or give me a refund or they would come out and make a report.

Thank GOD you can actually see them making the food and that she didn't actually touch my food or I wouldn't have taken it. First thing Monday I will be making a complaint with their corporate office. All this over $20 in pizzas. I know I probably blew it out of proportion. Would you guys have gotten upset about getting the wrong order, getting lied to, getting spoken to in another language, having your order taken back, a refund denied? I couldn't believe I was treated like this!! Thanks for listening!!!!
    I am glad we have this general talk category for things like this.

hey, maybe I shouldn't be eating PIZZA in the first place....
    Last edited by CindyLou; 08-25-2007, 08:11 PM.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Good Grief, I have never heard of ANYONE having that much trouble just getting a refund or a replacement pizza. I would be LIVID!! I cant wait to hear how this turns out, just make sure you do report them, and then come back here & tell us all how it turns out. Hopefully she will get in BIG trouble!!
    Filed chapter 7 on 9-21-07 :yahoo:
    meeting of creditors 10-24-07 :unsure:
    Discharged on Dec. 28 :yahoo::clapping::D:yes2:

Comment

UGH! I only order from little mom & pop pizza shops. Not only are they cheaper, it tastes better and is customer service oriented. Ive had bad experience with papa johns, pizza hut and dominos.
      Living near philly Im picky about pizza anyway...
      I would report them to the BBB. THAT is WAYY out of hand and ridiculous. Heck, report them to company headquarters. Squeeky wheel gets the greese. Tell them you will report them to the BBB and trash talk the company unless you get a gift card. it works. Ive done it. FREEBIES!!
      WAM
      ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
      WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
      PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

I can't wait to eat pizza again. I keep putting into the food chopper but it is like someone chewed for me and it just is not the same as biting into the layers.

I like everything so returning one has never been a problem but, cindylynnsmith, that experience is a definate rant.

I do remember my father in law ordered a large pizza from some place and they gave him a small one and charged him for a large. He took it back in and told them about it and they would not refund for a small or make him a large. After about 15 minutes of arguing, He took it out and through it on the wall of the restaraunt. I could not believe my eyes. Later, It was so funny picturing it dripping down the wall.

Comment

Believe me, I had visions of either throwing the pizzas or grabbing the manager by the neck, but there were cameras and witnesses.....lol.....

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhh! That sounds as frustrating as my ordeal of having my grocery delivery dude knock on my door at 11:30pm to deliver my groceries. He had missed the delivery window by 3 1/2 hours. It took 15 phone calls to a useless customer service center, a redeliver that also was not delivered, and an email to the PRESIDENT of Safeway.com to get my groceries. I got them a week later, but I got them for free. Amazing what the threat of going to the local media will do.

What happened to *customers matter*? That philosophy happens to have fallen by the wayside

Filed 07/07, $120k unsecured debt
            Plan: $400 (includes cram down) 60 months
            Brilliant attorney, decent trustee, awesome plan

Comment

OMG!!!! That is hysterical. The more I read, the harder I laughed. I own a small business and of course as the owner, you would have had your new pizza delivered immediately with a free one thrown in for good customer service.

The bigger a business gets, the more lax customer service gets.
              The reason being......no employee ever cares about the business the way an owner does.

I guarantee, when Papa John finds out, there will be hell to pay and you will be deluged with pizza coupons. LOL

Comment

Especially if Papa John finds out it made its way all the way to the Internet, LOL.......
                Thats bad publicity................

Yeah, I would have done the same thing, maybe worse....
                Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I would have done the same thing because once you wait for delivery & then they tell you to wait another 45 min. it's all over...but I would have also called the credit card company & reported them, that's your right as a consumer not getting satisfactory service....then get the free pie.

Also, at that point, I would start speaking spanish to let her know that "comprendo todo lo digo & ching*te"!
                  Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                  Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Gracias.. Gracias.. Mangoes-Amigos!!.. Me no buy... Yo no refund!!!

Comment

I would have demanded a new pizza and a refund for the inconvience.

I also probably would have demanded an number for the district manager (or called another branch and gotten the number) and called them right then and there. If they hadn't answered I would have called the regional manager and just kept going until I got satisfaction.

I have gotten the wrong order before. I was told to enjoy the pizza we had and that another would be out as soon as possible. I belive we also were offered a discount on our next order.
                      Last edited by JollyGG; 08-27-2007, 01:38 PM.
                      Filed: 10/26/2006
                      Discharged: 03/05/2007
                      Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

Darn right I would have done the same thing! I have to say it was a funny story since it didn't happen to me You should get the refund, a new pizza AND some sort of discount or future free pizza. I bet if you move up the chain of command you get some results.
                        I love the not speaking English bit. I think I'll try that next time I screw up and don't feel like dealing with it. Do you think it would work on my kids?
                        Filed Chapter 7 pro se- 7/24/07
                        341 Meeting - 9/13/07 Done!
                        Last day for objections - 11/12/07
                        Discharged!!!! -11/26/07

Comment

omg..i can not stop laughing....i mean..u wrote that perfectly..that needs to be published somewhere.i had to send to a friend of mines..and she is laughing to...its just crazy...papa johns is the worst when it comes to customer service...next time....try mom and pop pizza joint...i love the ny style pizzas...very authentic

Comment

shoooooooooottttttttttt..how bout free pizza for a year....they are dang on idiots....not customer friendly at all....

Comment

Would you believe I made a formal complaint to the Papa John's Corporate office and all I got back was a form letter? Whatever!!!!!!!!! They can kiss my you know what!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X