top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun Question: What Did You Do With The Plastic Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Question: What Did You Do With The Plastic Cards?

Between my wife and I we have 12 plastic credit cards for accounts that are included in our bankruptcy (7 accounts).

I'd like to do something a little profound, a little poetic -- something justly appropriate with them. I've thought to set them out as little targets and shoot holes in them, but that's about as far as I get. Cutting them up with scizzors, as with expired cards, is just too anticlimatic. I don't have enough to create a sculpture or anything.

Has anyone else done anything interesting with their cards? Firecrackers maybe?!? All suggestions welcome.

I guess we are boring. We put them all in the shredder.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

You could make a lovely wind chime!

Oh, wait you would probably need quite a few of the Amex black titanium cards for that to be effective.

Ok, you could go to the 99 cent store, get a few of those little LED booklights, tape mirrors to the backs of the cards, hang them from a ceiling fan with little bits of fishing wire, with the lights appropriately placed on the edge of the fan so the light catches the mirrors reflections, turn off the lights, turn on the fan and have a fun disco party with your new disco ball ( errr, I mean Disco Fan) and do the happy Ham Ham dance on the day of discharge ( and any time you need just let go for a little bit)

Add a couple beers for a little more fun.

OR, you could super glue them to the sidewalk in front of a Starbucks and sip coffee and watch and see if you can catch anybody desperately trying to pick them up, while you laugh knowing they aren't gonna get anywhere with your credit!

Comment

OR, you could super glue them to the sidewalk in front of a Starbucks and sip coffee and watch and see if you can catch anybody desperately trying to pick them up, while you laugh knowing they aren't gonna get anywhere with your credit!
        LOVE that idea!! LMAO!

Comment

made a copy front and back, shredded may 08, same month i stop paying my debt.

Comment

We've kept ours in a little display case in our home office just as a reminder as to how we got ourselves into trouble. Operating with a budget and paying cash for everything is a beautiful thing.
            Filed Ch 7 - 6/30/08
            341 Meeting - 7/31/08
            Discharged - 9/30/08
            Closed (finally) - 2/10/09

Comment

Cute post! I actually haven't thought of anything clever but I like several of these suggestions. I do know one thing, I don't EVER want to be caught in the credit card trap again!
              Filed: 8-19-09
              341: 9-21-09
              Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

With eight, I had just enough to build a little house. It sits on a bookshelf in my studio apartment as a reminder of the real house I don't have because I buried myself in plastic. At least it's easy to dust!
                Filed Ch. 7: 3/20/08
                341: 4/21/08
                Discharged: 7/7/08
                Closed: 7/16/08

Comment

I put mine in a blender.

Make sure its an older one cause it does dull the blades a little
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

We plan on a little bon-fire. LOL How long did you keep them? We filed last week. Do we need to keep them any longer? I mean they are really no good to use now.
                    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
                    341: May 11th, 2009
                    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

Dang!! I let my kids play with them then cut them up. Wish I would have thought about the house thing before I did that!

Comment

WE did something similar to Slam. I shredded them and they sit in a jar on my desk where I do the bills...Just looking at them always reminds my wife and I to stay on the cash path. It is a beautiful thing not getting all twisted up inside when it's time to pay the monthly bills....Just wish the darn discharge would hurry up and get here 77 days and counting... Apparently PA eastern district is kinda backed up.
                        Filed: 11/24/2008
                        341 : 01/07/2009
                        Discharged: 04/13/2009
                        Case Closed: 04/21/2009

Comment

I just put a rubberband around mine and my husbands and put them in the Fireproof Safe.

This Post has me thinking about what I should do with them. I kinna like the idea of maybe making something that will hang from the ceiling in our office right by the desk where I open mail, read it and balance the check book.

I pay my bills online and the PC is in an Armoire, so I don't think I want them hanging there as my husband uses the PC on weekends and this whole bankruptcy mess bothers him because he doesn't understand it.

So, Yay, think I will get DH to put one of those hooks in the ceiling this weekend.

Luci

PS OP - Neat Post! LOL!
                          Last edited by LuciluS; 03-30-2009, 01:23 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I still carry some of them in my pocket. If I should get robbed, I will gladly turn over my credit cards to the thieves.
                            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

You could make a bracelet (look it up on etsy) to remind you and keep you from overspending again-
                              Or you could frame them in a shadow box for your office with a background of your discharge paper
                              OR you could have your friends come over- tell them your BK story and then invite them to also cut up any of their cards-

OR you could cut them up into even pieces and make a mosaic picture frame of them... maybe with a picture of your next goal. Saving for something, paying off house, not eating out whatever that might be!
                              341: April 30th, 2009 (Ch 7)
                              Waiting... soon (hopefull June 30th!) !!

[URL Removed by Admin]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X