Approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved!

Discharged one week ago. Just applied for a car loan as we surrendered the family truckster that was not worth anywhere close to what we owed on it in our Chap 7.

The credit union I am a member of flat out denied us and all but showed me the door.

Roadloans approved us for up to $35,000 at 8.62% with $1500 down on a used vehicle with less that 60k miles on it.

Whats even funnier about this is that the car loan we had on our old dying truckster was 10.62% and this was what I got with good credit. Ironic huh.

We pick up our used(new to us) truckster this weekend(and I certainly ain't going to borrow no where NEAR the $35,000 they are offering me! LOL).
    We plan on paying on it for a year or 2 to build back up our credit history and then pay it off in full.
    Goes to show you that there IS hope for those who want to start rebuilding their credit as soon as you are discharged and there is a need to use credit.

first off congrats on ur new loan and discharge..Wow isnt it amazing how life works. Hows ur credit score?

Comment

Me:
      688 according to CreditKarma.com
      I had a 756 Pre-BK.

Wife:
      692 according to CreditKarma.com
      She had a 732 Pre-BK.

Comment

OH u had pretty good scores prior. That sort of helps. Good scores. Mine was 499 prior and now i improved it to 610 working my way up....How much are u planning on putting down and total loan amount? I will be going for a auto loan in march with my local cu

Comment

We will be putting down around $2500 on it. The vehicle is approx an $18k vehicle but we have already started saving money to pay this puppy off in 2 years. We are more or less using the car as a "secured" way to build back up our credit scores by paying on it for 2 years, then paying it off in full.
          Neither me nor my wife will never own another credit card secured or unsecured. Ever.

Comment

Thanks for giving me a new way to look at buying a car post bk. I was thinking about paying cash outright because I didn't want the car payment, but what you said above gives me a new option. Ditto on never getting another credit card!
            Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
            Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

wow that sounds very smart and never really thought of that....sounds good

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X