2 "hard" inquires in connection with a single application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 "hard" inquires in connection with a single application

I tried to open a checking account with Charles Schwab bank. Well they opened the account (even sending out the debit card, PIN and check order) before closing the account a day or 2 later due to "delinquencies and foreclosure". This is all fine, although I dont get why they didnt deny the account to begin with instead of closing it after they had sent all this stuff out.

What I have a problem with though, they did 2 "hard" inquiries on my Equifax report just days apart in connection with that single application.

Since hard inquiries supposedly affect credit score, do you think I have a valid complaint about them hitting my credit report twice within days in connection with just a single application?

If so, who do I complain to? Equifax or Charles Schwab? (or both)
    12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
    01.14.2008 341 Meeting
    03.14.2008 No Objections filed :yahoo: :clapping:
    03.27.2008 Discharge of Debtor :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You can write a letter to the credit Bureaus explaining that this is only for one checking account. That would probably be your best bet. I got mine modified for something simillar.

Good Luck
    Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
    DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
    Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
    Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

We had this occur when we were investigating refinancing during our Chapter 13. It occurred with a mortgage lender and each inquiry stated the name of the creditor but the wording was different so it appeared different and the address different as it was a national lender. The inquiries were only days apart. We tried to get the duplicate hard inquiries removed but the credit reporting agencies would not remove them and advised us to contact the creditor about the situation. We did and despite numerous letters to the lender with copies to the President of the company, we could not get them removed; in fact, we never even received a response or a return phone call. After a while, we decided it was not worth the effort and stopped. We did not utilize that lender for our refinancing but used another. The duplicate inquiries are now off our record inasmuch as two years has passed and they are removed after two years.

Note they did it twice in a two month time frame and it generated 4 hard inquiries on our credit reports (each one with each credit reporting agency). Again, each inquiry was just a few days apart from a different location but from the same lender. We have never had that occur again but from what the OP states, it does occur so I would dispute it with the credit reporting agencies and also copy the lender generating the inquiry and hope for the best.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

What happens in this situation is that each of broker/underwriter/lender can each pull your credit....I am in the process of purchasing a house and is was two inquiries. The same thing happened when I bought my car...the dealership pulled, then Ford Motor Credit also pulled...same difference..broker/lender relationship.

Now in the case of the bank, I would guess it is a different story of possibly a mistake where the person processiing the account did not do it correctly and then someone caught it on a 24 or 48 hour audit so they re processed the application.

The good news with a mortgage or a car loan is that it does not make a differenc if you have one or twenty-one pulls in a 10 day period...they are all considered one.

I wrote in and disputed some inquiries with all three credit bureaus and some were removed. Give it a try.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Not sure what happened, but I pulled a new copy of my Equifax report (I subscribe to their product that gives me unlimited access) and there is now only 1 inquiry showing. The first (oldest) one is still there, and the 2nd is now gone. This is without me making any dispute, so I'm not sure if they realized their mistake or what. Seems weird though they would remove it without me requesting it, but since it's what I wanted to begin with I guess thats fine.
          12.10.2007 Filed CH 7
          01.14.2008 341 Meeting
          03.14.2008 No Objections filed :yahoo: :clapping:
          03.27.2008 Discharge of Debtor :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X