zero balance reporting as iib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zero balance reporting as iib

I had a card that was paid off that I hadnt used in years, totally forgot about, figured it was closed that reported IIB. I didnt list them on filing since, as I said had forgotten about them since paid off long time ago. Should they be reporting IIB since there was no balance with them to even be in the bk? Should I dispute this or is it inconsequetial in the whole thing?
    pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
    filed ch7 6-12
    341 7-25
    Discharged and closed 9-24

I really don't think it will make much of a difference
    Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
    Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
    Discharged April 2012

Comment

Thats what I thought....Dont want to waste my time on something that wont matter
      filed ch7 6-12
      341 7-25

Comment

If the account was already closed, and a good account with great payment history, I'd try to have it changed... by disputing it.

Good accounts are worth fighting for. Good accounts stay on your credit forever. Bad accounts fall off after 7 years.

Something to think about.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by pa308 View Post
          I had a card that was paid off that I hadnt used in years, totally forgot about, figured it was closed that reported IIB. I didnt list them on filing since, as I said had forgotten about them since paid off long time ago. Should they be reporting IIB since there was no balance with them to even be in the bk? Should I dispute this or is it inconsequetial in the whole thing?
          This card is/was probably under one of the banks that you included in your BK. If if was a good standing, paid off account, dispute it and state that this account was paid off prior to your filing BK and should not be listed as being included in your BK.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
            This card is/was probably under one of the banks that you included in your BK. If if was a good standing, paid off account, dispute it and state that this account was paid off prior to your filing BK and should not be listed as being included in your BK.
            You are correct it was GEMB. It was paid off but not closed. I'm gonna dispute it. Kinda bites that a zero balance account would report tis way and cause me more work though
            filed ch7 6-12
            341 7-25

Comment

Originally posted by pa308 View Post
              You are correct it was GEMB. It was paid off but not closed. I'm gonna dispute it. Kinda bites that a zero balance account would report tis way and cause me more work though
              What occurred with you is quite common. How and why it occurs I don't know but when you include a bank in your filing, any other affiliated accounts with that bank, whether previous or even possibly opened well after your discharge, could end up as being marked as part of your bankruptcy. It occurred with us. Just keep an eye on your credit reports and dispute them if they occur. Watch, because they could change it and it could revert back to the bad information after several months. It's a pain trying to clean up credit reports after BK. We are still fighting things over two years after discharge - BOA and Chase recently changed us magically from filing a Chapter 13 to filing a Chapter 7. They did it about a year ago, changed it back to a 13 now it has turned into a 7 again. Wishing you lots of luck! :-)

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X