How should this look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should this look?

We filed Ch 7 but we reaffirmed our mortgage. We've never been late or missed a payment. They finally started reporting it to our credit again but here's how it looks:

Condition: derogatory
    Balance: 0
    Type: Secured loan
    Pay Status: Current

Now should it still be derogatory since we did reaffirm?
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Just dispute it, if it's inaccurately being reported.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Dispute it. If it comes back that the mortgage company is "reporting correctly," send a letter to your mortgage lender advising them of what is being reported and to please correct it. Your mortgage should be showing as current; however, in the comment column the mortgage company may list that it was included in your bankruptcy filing, which it actually was, and that will be almost impossible to remove.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Is reaffirmation considered IIB (Just asking -- I really don't know. Didn't apply to me.)? Because, if so, IIB IS derogatory.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhack View Post
          Is reaffirmation considered IIB (Just asking -- I really don't know. Didn't apply to me.)? Because, if so, IIB IS derogatory.
          No, Reaffirmation is not IIB.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

So I'm still confused. Since we reaffirmed it will it be a positive tradeline or not?
            7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
              So I'm still confused. Since we reaffirmed it will it be a positive tradeline or not?
              If you re-affirmed the debt, you may need to both dispute the tradeline and contact your lender informing them that you either want the tradeline removed or you want it reported accurately as current and pays on time.

Comment

Okay I will do that. I've already called them once and they act like they aren't sure what I mean. They seem to think they are reporting it correctly.
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Some creditors reporting interface to the CRAs are not very good. They cannot distinguish an account that's been re-affirmed and a debtor who filed bankruptcy and should have IIB. That's why, if they're incapable of reporting it accurately, should remove the tradeline.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X