Transunion again on IIB reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transunion again on IIB reporting

So, I purchased a myfico to see how my scores are fairing.

My current TU is 622 and my Equifax is 657 which is fine. I know it takes time to rebuild. But, I was investigating why my TU was much lower than my EQ.

It appears that under "Understanding Your Score" under TU says that "Your most recent late payment happened 1 Month ago". This is obviously wrong. I went into all the account details. Nothing is saying this at all. A few of the IIB accounts are showing "Balance" $0 and "Past Due Amount" $0.

However, if from the "Accounts" page you click on the far right column "Details", for some accounts it's showing this:

Balance: "Not Reported"
    Current Status: "Unrated"
    Past Due Amount: "Not Reported"

Hmm.. I know this forum has discussed Balance not reporting probably doesn't affect the FICO score, but what about Past Due Amount? Maybe these accounts are being treating as actual past due according to TU?

I'll be putting in disputes and see what TU says.

It's somewhat frustrating that the TU, EQ, and EXP FICO entities use the "guilty by default must prove innocence" method.
    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

MYfico is messed up, especially with 'included in bankruptcy' accounts.

Welcome to my world! I can tell you 'Unrated' means nothing. I have been fighting TU (see my other posts) for months now. Speaking of which I have a collection with EQ in which the credit line happened prior to my BK. so no I am working through having that removed and added to my BK. Credit is so much fun!

a good number to dispute with at TU is: 800-916-8800
    Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
    Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

I have had to fight one card several times on both equifax and experian. They have the IIB and bankruptcy as a comment, and are reporting the line as a recent charge off. This usually drops my score 20 points each time it happens and then I dispute it, only to have it happen again in a couple of months.

I don't see any way around constantly redisputing when this type of stuff happens unfortunately.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

So, I guess there's only one status field per account? This one account is saying "over 90 days due" for payment.. but that happened "before" the official BK. Now, that account was IIB. Should the status change to IIB instead of the "over 90 days due" status? Well, I put in the dispute for that. We'll see what they do. Maybe that one item is killing my score.
        Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
          So, I guess there's only one status field per account? This one account is saying "over 90 days due" for payment.. but that happened "before" the official BK. Now, that account was IIB. Should the status change to IIB instead of the "over 90 days due" status? Well, I put in the dispute for that. We'll see what they do. Maybe that one item is killing my score.
          There is only one status field, and then a comment section. The account is allowed to report the old pre-filing lates, but they must stop reporting them as current lates. The account should be closed, with a zero balance and should not show any lates later than your filing month. It can have a charge off status if it was charged off before filing, but must have a zero balance.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Update on resolution. Surprisingly good news? TU said they deleted the whole item. That account is gone from my updated credit record. I was totally not expecting this. I will run another real FICO request in a few weeks to see if it "stayed" off, and if it affected the score at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
              Update on resolution. Surprisingly good news? TU said they deleted the whole item. That account is gone from my updated credit record. I was totally not expecting this. I will run another real FICO request in a few weeks to see if it "stayed" off, and if it affected the score at all.
              Yes, you never know with TU, it may come back, and the you will have to start all over again... TU is horrid..
              Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
              Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X