No announcement yet.

Unsecured CCs Approved - 2 Days After Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

since we are an equal opportunity couple...we did one card jointly and one company with one in each of our names......

we since getting our cap one's a few weeks ago...applied for ONE orchard bank...we got 2k one account issued in both names. but surprisingly the highest limit?? shocked us the cap ones are 1300 and 1500....one was free and the other $39.

the orchard was also no fee...but i think 15% or so...i'm not sure.

b2s...used my CARD!!!! for the air conditioning cute dude...and now i'm colder...!!! it was $128.00....but i think i did something rather "dumb"....i had sent the cards up on line and immediately ran to the computer and paid...!!!!!! now that's NOT going to help me right?
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
      I do see LSU's point to an extent, but it really can go both ways. None of us ever want to go through what we did before having to do BK (at least I hope not).

The pluses to opening both right away is that they take the hits as well as it immediately helps with the "average age of credit lines" and such. Actually, it's probably now in the best interest for the OP to never have to open up another credit card ever from this point forward if the goal is really just to re-build the FICO scores.. because "time" will heal the scores, also.

Minuses is "slowlyyyyy" getting back into the old habit of opening a credit card "here and there" over years (that's what happened to me). Of course, don't start buying cars and putting little down and financing the rest (assuming OP has necessary transportation for work/family).

It all relies on us to learn from our past and reading/learning from others, this forum, etc. Facing the reality of "needs vs wants" is huge, imo. When I'm out with my wife, I question pretty much everything we buy... even down to small household items. I say "Do we NEED it? Can we live without that?" For things like toilet paper and such, of course not! But paper towels? Hmm.. we've cut back on a lot of things and the money saved sure adds up.
      You have found the answer as most of us do after going through the blitzkrieg of filing. Good for you and keep those habits. I remember the days of big salary, a bunch of credit cards and having to have that gorgeous high heel shoe in several different colors and whipped out the card...now black high heels work well all the time and go with everything...same can apply for a lot of items and situations.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        since we are an equal opportunity couple...we did one card jointly and one company with one in each of our names......

we since getting our cap one's a few weeks ago...applied for ONE orchard bank...we got 2k one account issued in both names. but surprisingly the highest limit?? shocked us the cap ones are 1300 and 1500....one was free and the other $39.

the orchard was also no fee...but i think 15% or so...i'm not sure.

b2s...used my CARD!!!! for the air conditioning cute dude...and now i'm colder...!!! it was $128.00....but i think i did something rather "dumb"....i had sent the cards up on line and immediately ran to the computer and paid...!!!!!! now that's NOT going to help me right?
        That will help you. Having and using the cards will be all you need to raise your score. You can pay them off right away. I always pay them off as soon as the charge shows up on my account online. I might be losing a few fico points that way versus leaving a small balance, but I don't want any balances on my cards, so its worth it to me.

I hope the air conditioning guy earned his tip.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
          You have found the answer as most of us do after going through the blitzkrieg of filing. Good for you and keep those habits. I remember the days of big salary, a bunch of credit cards and having to have that gorgeous high heel shoe in several different colors and whipped out the card...now black high heels work well all the time and go with everything...same can apply for a lot of items and situations.
          I totally agree Flamingo. My pre-bk designer shoe and purse collection should be donated to the museum of consumer excess.

I happily shop for sales online now, and only buy what I need. It feels really good to put money in the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
            That will help you. Having and using the cards will be all you need to raise your score. You can pay them off right away. I always pay them off as soon as the charge shows up on my account online. I might be losing a few fico points that way versus leaving a small balance, but I don't want any balances on my cards, so its worth it to me.

I hope the air conditioning guy earned his tip.
            he did...i'm FREEZING!! LOL!!! we were being proactive here...this house is 6 years old but wasn't lived in for almost 4 years and we were certain no one ever serviced the system so we just didn't want to end up with a BIG repair bill....

it was really scary to use the card and truly i couldn't help myself paying asap on it....but you're right no biggy...so what about the fico scores a snip here or there. we will not be trying to buy this place for at least 2 more years anyway....i hope..
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I totally agree Flamingo. My pre-bk designer shoe and purse collection should be donated to the museum of consumer excess.

I happily shop for sales online now, and only buy what I need. It feels really good to put money in the bank.
              you deserved those things...you worked hard for them!! i'm happy i don't have to wear shoes anymore!!! LOL!!!!! and i use my shelf for my purse....with a good push up...that is...i have NOTHING to carry anymore!

Comment

you deserved those things...you worked hard for them!! i'm happy i don't have to wear shoes anymore!!! LOL!!!!! and i use my shelf for my purse....with a good push up...that is...i have NOTHING to carry anymore!
                Omg tobee43, are you telling me you store your cash in your bra? Not sure about all that grimy money sitting in there in the Florida heat.

I have to admit I still have a shoe fetish. I look much more than I buy these days though, and when I buy, it is always with cash, (or with my card that I pay off right away) and the shoes are always on sale.

Comment

Omg tobee43, are you telling me you store your cash in your bra? Not sure about all that grimy money sitting in there in the Florida heat.

I have to admit I still have a shoe fetish. I look much more than I buy these days though, and when I buy, it is always with cash, (or with my card that I pay off right away) and the shoes are always on sale.

actually, yes, i AM!! LOL!!! i sold all my bags...really on ebay! i don't have much cash to carry...it's usually just my car key..ONE key!!

i must admit...i was a shoeaholic at one point in my life...i never gave a second thought to spending $500 on a pair of shoes...HOWEVER i NEVER EVER charged them....just like our car...our nice one...we paid CASH...and that was years ago....now...LOL!! you are just going to LOVE THIS....no more shoes...ok...but i have every color flip flop in the world...dots...stripes....LOL!!! one for every day of the year! shoot they cost like 2-3 dollars....not $500 so i can still be a flipflopaholic...right???

Comment

actually, yes, i AM!! LOL!!! i sold all my bags...really on ebay! i don't have much cash to carry...it's usually just my car key..ONE key!!

i must admit...i was a shoeaholic at one point in my life...i never gave a second thought to spending $500 on a pair of shoes...HOWEVER i NEVER EVER charged them....just like our car...our nice one...we paid CASH...and that was years ago....now...LOL!! you are just going to LOVE THIS....no more shoes...ok...but i have every color flip flop in the world...dots...stripes....LOL!!! one for every day of the year! shoot they cost like 2-3 dollars....not $500 so i can still be a flipflopaholic...right???
                    The picture of you with your bright pink polka dot flip flops and a twenty dollar bill sticking out of your bra is priceless.

I used to spend $500-600 on a pair of shoes all the time and never gave it a second thought. In nyc consumerism is rampant. Luckily in the Midwest college town I now live in, people wouldn't know Manolo Blahnik from their garbage man.

Comment

The picture of you with your bright pink polka dot flip flops and a twenty dollar bill sticking out of your bra is priceless.

I used to spend $500-600 on a pair of shoes all the time and never gave it a second thought. In nyc consumerism is rampant. Luckily in the Midwest college town I now live in, people wouldn't know Manolo Blahnik from their garbage man.
                      OMG....did you SEE me last night at the chili party with my bright pink flip flops and freshly painted BLACK toenails...???? at least i didn't get lost in the crowd that's for sure!!!!

ok...truth is...on and in my shelve last night i carried the following....my cell phone...my flask of grey goose because they were only serving beer..yuck for the waist line...AND PINK lipstick so my LIPS could be as bright as my feet...i need to coordinate...after all! now come on!!! that's a lot for a size 8 human...it did help curve out my top lines somewhat....a bit bumpy....but i carried it well...i thought.

yes, out in the country here where i live they could care less what one wears...and actually it FEELS great....i could see me now at the Weston on 5th ave in ny...in my pink flip flops...

Comment

OMG....did you SEE me last night at the chili party with my bright pink flip flops and freshly painted BLACK toenails...???? at least i didn't get lost in the crowd that's for sure!!!!

ok...truth is...on and in my shelve last night i carried the following....my cell phone...my flask of grey goose because they were only serving beer..yuck for the waist line...AND PINK lipstick so my LIPS could be as bright as my feet...i need to coordinate...after all! now come on!!! that's a lot for a size 8 human...it did help curve out my top lines somewhat....a bit bumpy....but i carried it well...i thought.

yes, out in the country here where i live they could care less what one wears...and actually it FEELS great....i could see me now at the Weston on 5th ave in ny...in my pink flip flops...
                        Now that is an image for keeping, you sneaking nips of grey goose from your bra while cooking your award winning chili!

Seriously, I am so much happier not having to keep up with the latest fashions like I did in nyc. In my university town, clean jeans, t-shirts, and shoes that are tied are a fashion statement.

Comment

delete

Comment

Now that is an image for keeping, you sneaking nips of grey goose from your bra while cooking your award winning chili!

Seriously, I am so much happier not having to keep up with the latest fashions like I did in nyc. In my university town, clean jeans, t-shirts, and shoes that are tied are a fashion statement.
                            First off you guys are hilarious. I needed a good laugh. I must admit I am a handbag addict. I just can't separate from my babies. The only difference is moderation now. Instead of one every month...once a year. I save up up for it and wait for the big sale. My hubby is planning for a "Garage Sale of The Century".
                            Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
                            Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
                            On The Road To Rebuilding
                            5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

Originally posted by tanya0525 View Post
                              First off you guys are hilarious. I needed a good laugh. I must admit I am a handbag addict. I just can't separate from my babies. The only difference is moderation now. Instead of one every month...once a year. I save up up for it and wait for the big sale. My hubby is planning for a "Garage Sale of The Century".
                              When I moved from nyc I sold a lot of my handbags on ebay and made enough off of them to pay for the moving van and packing. (That should tell you that I had too many.... )

I too still like to get a nice handbag, but like you, I only get one or two a year now instead of one a month like before my bk....

Comment

When I moved from nyc I sold a lot of my handbags on ebay and made enough off of them to pay for the moving van and packing. (That should tell you that I had too many.... )

I too still like to get a nice handbag, but like you, I only get one or two a year now instead of one a month like before my bk....
                                goes to show...you can TAKE the hangbag away for the woman...BUT you can't take the woman OUT Of the hangbag...where there IS a will there IS a way...we WILL manage...however, i'm NOT doing knockoffs..k PLEASE...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X