No announcement yet.

Capital one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting all kinds of credit card offers. I defaulted on two cc's almost two years ago, due to job loss. Well, to make a long story short, I am now working part-time only... thus, not making enough for any kind of garnishments. I never filed BK( could'nt get the funds together), have no assets, no bank account, no school loans...go figure...

Comment

If you can avoid filing BK you should, but if you must you can look into attorney's from NACBA or NOLO. Some attorney's belong to both organizations. They typically charge as low as $999 for a chapter 7 BK. I used one that belonged to both and he was great. Good luck!
      Discharged Chapt 7 on 7/7/10.
      Scores as of 7/12/11: EQ Fico 653; TU Fico 644; EX Quizzle 652
      Only card right now is Cap One $2500, no AF, approved 12/4/10.

Comment

Originally posted by lilacs80 View Post
        Does anyone have this credit card? Is this a bad card to have just to use for groceries and small purchases to start build credit again? I plan on only using it for small purchases which I will pay off in full every month. And I know even though they sent me the offers, what are the chances of them approving me for the card because of bk? Any insights or advice is appreciated.
        I have the card. I've had it for about 3 months. The interest rate is high (24.90%) but I pay it off in full whenever I use it. I didn't take the 0% because I don't keep balances on my credit cards. They have also offered to increase my limit after paying on time for 5 months. No complaints. Good Luck to rebuilding your credit.

Comment

I got my card today. They approved me for $500. It's better than $200! Plus no annual fees or maintenance fee....I'm happy!

Comment

Originally posted by bladerunner View Post
            I'm getting all kinds of credit card offers. I defaulted on two cc's almost two years ago, due to job loss. Well, to make a long story short, I am now working part-time only... thus, not making enough for any kind of garnishments. I never filed BK( could'nt get the funds together), have no assets, no bank account, no school loans...go figure...
            I agree with SSC2761. If you can avoid filing for BK, then you should. But depending on how bad the situation is, BK can also be a relief and a 2nd chance to start over. But obviously, this 2nd chance comes with consequences. You'll have BK on credit reports for 10 years, it'll be tough buying a house or car with a good interest rate. And rebuilding credit can be tough. I guess it just really depends on how bad it is right now and if BK is worth the consequences or not.

Comment

Well, just now I went to the Cap One website and was approved for a $500 unsecured card.

They said it will be in the mail in 7-10 days. I still can't believe they approved me because I actually included two Cap One cards in my Chapter 7 BK earlier this year. I'll believe it when I see it in the mail.

The only thing is that the interest rate is 24%, LOL. That really won't affect me because I'm only going to use it for some small recurring purchases such as Netflix and my cell phone bill, and pay it off in full every month.

I printed out the confirmation screen that said I was approved -- I still can't believe it though!

I also went to Orchard Bank and was approved for a $200 secured card. I declined that one because I only have $500 in my savings account and I really want that to be cold, hard cash I can get my hands on in case of emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemartini View Post
                Well, just now I went to the Cap One website and was approved for a $500 unsecured card.

They said it will be in the mail in 7-10 days. I still can't believe they approved me because I actually included two Cap One cards in my Chapter 7 BK earlier this year. I'll believe it when I see it in the mail.

The only thing is that the interest rate is 24%, LOL. That really won't affect me because I'm only going to use it for some small recurring purchases such as Netflix and my cell phone bill, and pay it off in full every month.

I printed out the confirmation screen that said I was approved -- I still can't believe it though!

I also went to Orchard Bank and was approved for a $200 secured card. I declined that one because I only have $500 in my savings account and I really want that to be cold, hard cash I can get my hands on in case of emergency.
                Yay!!

Comment

I have none and am not looking back freedom feels good
                  Hi everyone,

I'm desperate for some input and insight on this credit card. I have been getting a ton of offers from them and finally I looked at it. They keep sending me the same offer.

The offer they sent me is:
                  0% intro APR until March 2012
                  22.9% variable APR thereafter
                  24.9% APR Cash advances
                  29.4% Penalty APR
                  No annual fee

I was discharged from Chapter 7 back in October 2010. I have not applied for any credit cards since, but a few months back started to look into because I need start building it up again.

Does anyone have this credit card? Is this a bad card to have just to use for groceries and small purchases to start build credit again? I plan on only using it for small purchases which I will pay off in full every month. And I know even though they sent me the offers, what are the chances of them approving me for the card because of bk? Any insights or advice is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by rustymich View Post
                    I have none and am not looking back freedom feels good
                    I agree, freedom feels great!

But I must rebuild my credit. I need to eventually get a new car and eventually a house several years down the line. I figure best to start now I'm ever going to get a house in the future. But first, my car.

Comment

I agree, freedom feels great!

But I must rebuild my credit. I need to eventually get a new car and eventually a house several years down the line. I figure best to start now I'm ever going to get a house in the future. But first, my car.
                      I feel the same way. Credit (and score) seem to be for the general population, a necessary evil. I know some say, well, if you can't afford to buy a car (or even house), outright, maybe you shouldn't have it. At some point, I need to buy a used car, and... also maybe a house again in the future. And what makes financial sense is to be in the right "tier" for loan percentage rates. And this is based "mostly" (or 100%?) on our FICO scores. Of course, the "best" financial is to buy a used care or whatever with cash.. but that's just not always possible.. especially if you need one for work.
                      Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm desperate for some input and insight on this credit card. I have been getting a ton of offers from them and finally I looked at it. They keep sending me the same offer.

The offer they sent me is:
                        0% intro APR until March 2012
                        22.9% variable APR thereafter
                        24.9% APR Cash advances
                        29.4% Penalty APR
                        No annual fee

I was discharged from Chapter 7 back in October 2010. I have not applied for any credit cards since, but a few months back started to look into because I need start building it up again.

It may be good to have one credit card, for emergencies only OR for car rentals and similar situations.

But, I would remember, that it is a rattlesnake too. So be very careful when you touch it.

Comment

Denied today

I received a pre-approved from Cap One last week, so after reading some posts I decided to bite the bullet today.........and denied! BK was discharged 4/15/11, so I'm only 4 months out, but others have been approved even sooner. Maybe it could be that were included in my BK. Oh well, looks like I'll be living on cash a little longer

Comment

Originally posted by hrs1980 View Post
                            I received a pre-approved from Cap One last week, so after reading some posts I decided to bite the bullet today.........and denied! BK was discharged 4/15/11, so I'm only 4 months out, but others have been approved even sooner. Maybe it could be that were included in my BK. Oh well, looks like I'll be living on cash a little longer
                            i don't really know why or how capitol one does it. we got one almost right away, but waited a bit to apply. now we have 3k on one with no fee and 2k on another with a $39 fee, one is at 12.99% and the other is at 14.99...none of it makes much sense!
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hmmm I was discharged 7/28/2011 and have been approved for capital one, and Credit one.

Comment

Which Cap One card did you apply for? Probably have a much higher salary than me :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X