top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many months/years post BK7 does Navy Federal require?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many months/years post BK7 does Navy Federal require?

I may have found a way into NFCU, but I am curious how long after BK7 does Navy Federal require before they will extend an unsecured credit card?
    Last edited by Epic; 12-08-2012, 04:17 PM.
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

I was able to obtain a VISA Platinum (nRewards) less than 1 year after discharge in a Chapter 7. I had pristine credit at the time and my FICO score was around 680. (By pristine, I meant that since I filed in 2008, I had no additional bad reporting or collections.) I was able to get the VISA Signature this year (almost 2 years from my Chapter 7 discharge). You can join NFCU probably after 6 months, but I would suggest not applying for credit products at that time. Then, just apply about 1 year post BK discharge and make sure your score is 640+ and you should be able to get a generous credit line, if you have the income to back it.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I got a secured card right after discharge and in 1 year it converted to an unsecured, two months after that they gave me a CLI to 5K and then to 7.5K about 1 month after that.

Comment

I was ch7 discharged 3 weeks ago, and applied for a cash rewards card, and a line of credit 4 days.
        I was approved for both, and couldn't be happier. My fico was around 602. If I were you, try. If denied,
        go with the secured card with them. Good luck!

Comment

There is no waiting period to join after BK. The secured card is no-fee and earns rewards as well. The money used to secure it earns interest too. I have found that once I passed the 1 year mark they have been very generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicar View Post
            I was ch7 discharged 3 weeks ago, and applied for a cash rewards card, and a line of credit 4 days.
            I was approved for both, and couldn't be happier. My fico was around 602. If I were you, try. If denied,
            I meant to say line of credit 4 days ago. How can you edit post?!?!

Comment

Good news to hear! What limits were you given?
              BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Epic View Post
                Good news to hear! What limits were you given?
                I was given one thousand each. At least I got my foot in the door.
                Yes, it's true about NFCU's generous credit limits, but my time will come.
                Getting approved after 3 weeks being discharged, that's unreal!!!

Comment

I meant to say line of credit 4 days ago. How can you edit post?!?!
                  You can only edit your post for a limited amount of time. If that time hasn't expired, there will be an edit button at the bottom of your post to the left of the "reply" button.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X