Had 341 Today, Downtown LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 341 Today, Downtown LA

Just wanted to share my very brief 341 meeting today in downtown LA.

Showed up 15 mins early. Lots of people there. There is a outside waiting room, then a much larger room where the 90 year old trustee with a giant mustache was sitting. Anyone was free to sit in the main room as long as they were quiet.

At the top of the hour the trustee announced they were starting 9am appointments, instructed us to come up when called, and that we must have ID, etc. All the normal stuff.

I was called up with my lawyer, who was instructed to sit across the table from me, with the trustee sitting in between.

I was at the table for a grand total of 2 minutes. It was a little awkward because everyone in the room (about 50 or so) were listening but at this point I didn't really care.

He asked the following:
    -name
    -address
    -asked for ID
    -confirmed ID
    -confirmed last year tax return I filed
    -had me look at the last years tax return and asked if the information was true
    -asked if the petition filed was complete and had I reviewed it

Then he dismissed me.

I'm not worried (nor is my attorney) about it being discharged because it is a very very simple and straight forward chapter 7, with no assets to speak of at all.

The lawyer did say that because its LA, and the backlog, that it usually takes 3-4 MONTHS for it to be discharged but other then it being "official" this wait doesn't really bother me. Nobody is going to challenge my petition, so its really just about having it be totally official.
    Filed: 9/21/10
    341a: 10/29/10
    Report of No Distribution 11/02/10

Congrats on a smooth 341 then. Keep an eye open for a report of no distribution.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
      Congrats on a smooth 341 then. Keep an eye open for a report of no distribution.
      What is that? I had a (expensive) attorney, part of a medium sized firm. I emailed about checking Pacer and was told that they do it on a daily basis and that I will have my discharge emailed to me when it comes through.

Comment

Report of no distribution is the trustee saying there's no assets to distribute to creditors and excusing themselves from your case. I also paid for an attorney, who also checks Pacer daily, but I'm too much of a control freak to wait for someone to notify me if I can get the info sooner.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
          Report of no distribution is the trustee saying there's no assets to distribute to creditors and excusing themselves from your case. I also paid for an attorney, who also checks Pacer daily, but I'm too much of a control freak to wait for someone to notify me if I can get the info sooner.
          Ah, sorry I should of connected the dots, I only knew that as "no asset report" didn't know it was also called "report of no distribution."

I agree with you on the attorney checking Pacer, I think I'm going to sign up and check daily.

Comment

Report of No Distribution is the formal name it gets loaded to PACER with. When checking pacer though be careful with not racking up fees. If you need guidance, there's a sticky on the general bankruptcy subforum called the ultimate pacer guide.

Comment

Congrats on an uneventful 341. That's just what everyone wants.
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Thanks, appreciate it.

The others that went in front of me had similar results, though all seemed to have very clear cut chapter 7 cases.

Comment

congrats!! sometimes i hear they all go smooth...right in a role... and wonder if they just arbitrarily...or sometimes just group the "easy" ones together to expedite the courts??
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                    congrats!! sometimes i hear they all go smooth...right in a role... and wonder if they just arbitrarily...or sometimes just group the "easy" ones together to expedite the courts??
                    Thank you.

Ya I'm not sure. He didn't even really look through the report, just flipped through a few pages quickly. I'm just happy it went well

Comment

Originally posted by malibu View Post
                      Thank you.

Ya I'm not sure. He didn't even really look through the report, just flipped through a few pages quickly. I'm just happy it went well
                      me too!! nice to be in the 60 day club!
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

me too!! nice to be in the 60 day club!

Yes, although for us in Southern California it is the 120 day club :-( lol, its ok though.

Comment

Yes, although for us in Southern California it is the 120 day club :-( lol, its ok though.
                          you know malibu...i really miss san fran where i was born and raised...but the more i hear about the bk and foreclosure plights in calif....i have to say i'm really glad we didn't file there...

i can't believe calif is 120 days...stinks!!...but ok...we can dance for extra 60 days hopefully catching a breath here and there...

Comment

you know malibu...i really miss san fran where i was born and raised...but the more i hear about the bk and foreclosure plights in calif....i have to say i'm really glad we didn't file there...

i can't believe calif is 120 days...stinks!!...but ok...we can dance for extra 60 days hopefully catching a breath here and there...
                            Yup, long time. But I don't see anything going wrong, its a very clear cut case, so it's just about waiting a bit longer.

I'm more concerned about the unemployment rate. I would of never thought it would be so hard getting a job given my experience but thus is life. I'll keep trying.

Comment

Yup, long time. But I don't see anything going wrong, its a very clear cut case, so it's just about waiting a bit longer.

I'm more concerned about the unemployment rate. I would of never thought it would be so hard getting a job given my experience but thus is life. I'll keep trying.
                              i hear you on that one. same hear, however we are luckier than most and had a small pension and good thing i married someone ancient....LOL!! who was able to start collection early ss....we moved to a state that those two incomes should carry us, if we can't find jobs...which it has been well over 2 years for me...now i'm really thinking about starting my own business which could be risky.

i think between the two of us over 1k applications have gone out...but we were mid and upper management people and no one...absolutely NO One wants us at our age and with what we were making. NOT that we wouldn't settle for less money, they see our resumes and that's kind of it for us...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X