Pacer- Why does everyone like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer- Why does everyone like it

What is so special about the pacer site? I cannot get any new information. My last update was July 2015. I am within 100 dollars of being finished. Why does my NDC have amount due and amount owed, and why are they different amounts? Why does the amounts increase monthly? I am in Ohio.

Speaking personally, I never would use the NDC site to try to figure out my balance. I have used it to see what was paid to the creditors, but never to know what I actually have left.

PACER is the Court's Electronic Records system (Public Access to Court Electronic Records). Once your case is going about its way, there is nothing new in PACER. It is only when a creditor, the Trustee or your lawyer files papers with the Court which need action, does anything new show up on PACER.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

PACER can act like an early notification system for actions on your BK case with respect to all documents filed with the BK court. The electronic filing of motions, POCs and other documents can occur a couple days before you get the hard copy in the mail.

Comment

Just logged into Pacer and can see where the certification for my debtor education course has posted in preparation for my discharge. I will be making my final payment in a couple of weeks and will be stalking my mailbox for the final documents I am expecting needing to be signed and Pacer for my final discharge paperwork to put all of this behind me.

Final Payment 7/2016

Comment

To my knowledge, there is no other site like it, so it's pretty much the only place (other than your attorney's office) to get updated information on claims, motions, etc. related to your Chapter 13.

You're not being forced to use it -- feel free to remove it from your favorites if it doesn't float your boat.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. NDC has me as having paid $77 over my required amount-but that is the balance on hand. I am sure that I have to wait until around the 19th for those payments to be disbursed. There is nothing new is listed on pacer. I am due to be paid again next week. I know the trustee has to submit the forms for my employer to stop the automatic payments. How long should that take? Will it be after the last disbursement?Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by 159515951 View Post
              To my knowledge, there is no other site like it, so it's pretty much the only place (other than your attorney's office) to get updated information on claims, motions, etc. related to your Chapter 13.

You're not being forced to use it -- feel free to remove it from your favorites if it doesn't float your boat.
              I have tried to register with the Pacer in IL. It seems at one time I had an account, do not know why. It will accept my current email address but not my password in which I tried to get a new one by it sending some code to my email in which I never recieved trying twice. Any advise please? Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X