No announcement yet.

Wow - my bk discharged on Tuesday & my credit scores were updated this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - my bk discharged on Tuesday & my credit scores were updated this morning

I'm optimistically shocked. I know it'll take times for my records to truly stabilize to reality. BK discharged on Tuesday the 3rd. Went online this morning (out of curiosity) and saw that the bk is showing as discharged. Experian increased my score by 66 points..making my score\
    715 - Good!!!
    I expect changes and I'm going to wait a couple months before I actually clean up the report..but what a temporary rush!!!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Same here. As soon as plan was completed my scores skyrocketed. 2 years out and all scores are in the 800+ range. It's a great feeling having our lives back without the crushing debt.
    Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

sophieanne, is that a FICO score?

BNKRPTinNC, your BK dropped of your reports in Nov 2015, right? Do you know what your scores were after discharge, but before November?
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

sophieanne, your signature needs updating!
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Has anyone had to clean up their credit report after a chapter 13 discharge?

Comment

LadyInTheRed Hi...yes that was my FICO score. What should be changed in my signature????

It's raining here in the PNW this afternoon..Yay!!!!!
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
              LadyInTheRed What should be changed in my signature????
              I think you figured it out. Either that or something strange is going on.

[USER="22385"]It's raining here in the PNW this afternoon..Yay!!!!!
              Send some of that south! We could use some rain.

Comment

If I remember correctly my FICO went up about 50 points once the discharge came through. Its still not stellar but better than I have had in 20 years. There is just no history and more are dropping off so I guess we best get a card or two. Utilization and the ratio of balance to available credit seems key to help the score so will focus on those.

Glad to see your starting off with the great score Sophianne.
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Thanks spidge, it was definitely a big surprise. I know the scores will drop as I have no credit now other than the mortgage but I'm not in any rush to get a card yet.
                  I hope you have a good week!
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

That's great news!!! My Credit Karma scores look pretty pre-discharge but if I pull my FICO it is sub 600. I am not sure why they are so different but I do know that FICO is really all that matters when applying for loans and credit. DO you mind me asking where do you pull your FICO from?

Comment

Hi @bobcat1216. I pull it from the credit bureaus...Experian, Transunion and Equifax.

Is today your day for good news??

Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Its the first step. My contact at the Trustee confirmed that she will send out the letters today to stop wage garnishment, which means they are closing their part of the case.

Question will I see and "Case Closed - pending discharge" on Pacer? After that I have 30 to 45 days until I get "Discharged" from the court.

So level set here, I am having a bit of difficulty feeling celebratory. I have spent so long feeling kicked like a dog that its hard for me to convince my EGO that this is over. I am sure I need a good shrink but this board is all I can afford. LOL

And thank you Sophieanne for asking and answering.

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat216 View Post
                          Its the first step. My contact at the Trustee confirmed that she will send out the letters today to stop wage garnishment, which means they are closing their part of the case.

Question will I see and "Case Closed - pending discharge" on Pacer?
                          I don't remember what exactly PACER will say, but it won't say that because discharge comes before the case is closed.

After that I have 30 to 45 days until I get "Discharged" from the court.
                          You are discharged after the documents you sign are filed with the court and notice is served on the creditors. Then you have to wait for the 14 day notice period to pass before you are discharged.

So level set here, I am having a bit of difficulty feeling celebratory. I have spent so long feeling kicked like a dog that its hard for me to convince my EGO that this is over. I am sure I need a good shrink but this board is all I can afford. LOL
                          You completed your plan! That is a great accomplishment. I hope you feel like celebrating soon. Maybe you just need to see the actual discharge.

Comment

Hi @bobcat1216. I pull it from the credit bureaus...Experian, Transunion and Equifax.
                            Make sure you are getting FICO scores. The bureaus all sell scores on their websites that are their own proprietory models, not FICOs. I don't even see a FICO offered on the Transunion site, but I may have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                              BNKRPTinNC, your BK dropped of your reports in Nov 2015, right? Do you know what your scores were after discharge, but before November?
                              Couldn't go back that far but as of July 2015,and are probably not the actual scores but this was what 2 of my credit cards provided as part of their service - FICO(mid 600 up to 817) VantageScore 3.0(low 700 up to 792). The only thing that I can rely on, as far as scores are concerned, was I just had a refi completed on current mortgage and all scores were in the low 800 range at that time (3 months ago). When checked, my scores during the 13 remained in the 600-700+ range depending on who was doing the reporting with negligible increases towards the end.
                              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X