Chapter 13 is a powerful tool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 is a powerful tool.

If you can complete a Chapter 13 plan, no only will you gain a available lesson on debt management, because who wants to go through this for 3 to 5 years again? Not this guy!!. It also gives you a fresh start. Knowing that creditors can call or send you letters is a stress reliever.
    A debt consolidation plan doesn't have this power and sometimes you can't negotiate all your debts.
    For me, when I'm done, I'll NEVER...do this again. I HATE debt, unless it's necessary. Just a little venting.

You vent truth! Chap 13 is a great lesson in financial management and, from what I understand from the experiences of others, usually a better solution than debt consolidation plans.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I haven't even had my 341 and I am obsessed with my budget. Seriously, I will never be in this place again.

Comment

Did I say I HATE debt? Unfortunately, I've been through Chapter 7 and now 13. I know them both too well. the reasons why I had to use them are personal and business. The lessons I've learned you can't get in a classroom. I think this forum is a great resource for people going through this. I think the people in this forum can come together and create a better counseling service than some of the companies out there. In my opinion, I'd rather get advice by someone with practical experience than just reading from a book.

Comment

Amen and Amen. Hard lesson but one learned nonetheless. This forum was my go to place for info and guidance and it never let me down.
          Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Count me in, and this is my third go at this previous 13's were dismissed for circumstances beyond my control. I'm really hopeful this time though, I'm tired of going through this!

Comment

I just made payment #38 on TFS five minutes ago and I can tell you that filing a CH13 was the best decision financially for me. I was always terrible with money and being forced to budget has actually made my life less stressful. $1400 a month to the Trustee sucks but it feels like I have more money now than before I filed. I just watch what I spend more closely and my bills get paid on time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X