Officially Discharged!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially Discharged!!

Wow, words can't describe how I'm feeling right now. Got home from work today and lo and behold, our official discharge letter from the court was in the mail.
    It's now official. I can honestly say this has been a humbling experience for me and my family. I don't believe I have had it as bad as others on this site but I have gone thru tons of stress nonetheless. Having first to deal with my original attorney disappearing without informing us, to having to replace 2 leased vehicles and my wife losing her job. This site has been extremely helpful and for that, I'm very thankful for the support and words of encouragement. I will definitely continue to visit this site as I now begin to rebuild my credit.

At the end of the day, all the money, time, headache and even stress was definitely well worth it.
    We were able to discharge over $135,000 including a 2nd mortgage for pretty much peanuts.
    Last edited by max2k10; 05-08-2017, 06:08 PM.

Sounds like you had a harder time than I did. I don't think there can be a smoother Chap 13 than mine, and I was still very relieved to have it over.

CONGRATULATIONS!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

• max2k10
      max2k10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You LadyInTheRed!

Congratulations! Enjoy your new beginning.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

• max2k10
      max2k10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You Sophieanne!

Congrats to you and your family!!!! I bet you are feeling lighter than air! Congrats!!!!!!
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

• max2k10
      max2k10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You dmc-2008!

I am feeling great but at the same time, my mind has started to spin a mile a minute.
      Things that we have put off for the last 5 years like a new roof, heating unit which are very expensive to replace. These are things that together can cost from 15K to 20K. This is money that we were unable to save during our BK so I need to plan this correctly. My wife and I promised each other not to let our home put us to where we were before.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X