top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100% Payback Plan - Completed & Discharged!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Payback Plan - Completed & Discharged!!!

We filed for Chapter 13-a 100% payback plan back in September of 2005...it was a 4 year plan. Needless to say that it has been a long process. At first it was very embarassing to tell family members and to know that others probably found out. But, you do get beyond the embarassment, and realize that those who genuinely care about you - truly want what's best for you. It was not a matter of us having credit card debt, but medical expenses and lost wages due to medical issues....and, other events beyond our control. Our vehicles were older going into the plan, but we didn't want to rack up any additional debts to pay off. So, we dealt with the mechanical problems as they arose. Again, it has been a loooong process. We also had additional medical issues that came up during the plan, as well as the unexpected home expenses that always seemed to present themselves. Then, in October 2008 I lost my job of 21+ years. This allowed us to use my severance to pay off our chapter 13 earlier than planned. What a relief!!!!! I have now returned to school and, we are adjusting to living on my husband's salary. Just wanted to say that this forum is awesome...and, a true life saver to those in bankruptcy, or contemplating it....I only posted a few times, but I was always able to find someone going thru something similar to our situation. At times I felt that I knew more than our attorney - ha! Good luck to others going thru bankruptcy or, to those considering it....you will succeed as we did!! GOD BLESS!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING YOUR 13 SUCCESSFULLY!! You give the rest of us 13ers hope we'll be done sometime too. After 4 years, enjoy your fresh start - you've more than earned it!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Wow! Congrats on successfully conpleteing your ch 13 plan! Enjoy your fresh start and thanks for giving those of us that are just begining this 13 road some hope
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats on finishing your 13, and good luck in the new career when you finish school.
        Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
        Plan approved- 7/11/05
        Date discharged--10-12-2007
        Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

It can be done! I knew it!

Congratulations!!!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations!
            sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congratulations!
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Congratulations! We haven't filed yet, but it is stories like yours of people who have successfully completed their plans that keep me motivated when the worry and fear starts to set in.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by ingrak View Post
                  We filed for Chapter 13-a 100% payback plan back in September of 2005...it was a 4 year plan. Needless to say that it has been a long process. At first it was very embarassing to tell family members and to know that others probably found out. But, you do get beyond the embarassment, and realize that those who genuinely care about you - truly want what's best for you. It was not a matter of us having credit card debt, but medical expenses and lost wages due to medical issues....and, other events beyond our control. Our vehicles were older going into the plan, but we didn't want to rack up any additional debts to pay off. So, we dealt with the mechanical problems as they arose. Again, it has been a loooong process. We also had additional medical issues that came up during the plan, as well as the unexpected home expenses that always seemed to present themselves. Then, in October 2008 I lost my job of 21+ years. This allowed us to use my severance to pay off our chapter 13 earlier than planned. What a relief!!!!! I have now returned to school and, we are adjusting to living on my husband's salary. Just wanted to say that this forum is awesome...and, a true life saver to those in bankruptcy, or contemplating it....I only posted a few times, but I was always able to find someone going thru something similar to our situation. At times I felt that I knew more than our attorney - ha! Good luck to others going thru bankruptcy or, to those considering it....you will succeed as we did!! GOD BLESS!!!!

Congrats!

We just sent in our final payment for a 4 year plan that we filed in October 2005 -- right before the law changed. So, we're on the same path.

I'm just curious, why did you tell your family?

We didn't. My wife and I decided to keep the entire affair a secret. As far as we know, no one has found out at all other than my current employer (revealed during a background check) and the Department of Defense (I'm in the Reserves) when I renewed my Security Clearance.

Incidentally, I admire those who do tell others. I wish I had the guts.

Comment

I am certainly not encouraging others to tell family members....it worked out best in our situation. In fact, we told my family and not my husband's family. I've just always been very open with them. At times when I needed to talk with someone oher than my hubby - they were always there and very encouraging & supportive. As I mentioned my husband had some medical problems during our bankruptcy and was hospitalized and off of work. My family helped us out with meals and a few bills - without us asking....my
                    husband's family would have been very judgmental and of no help.

Comment

I have shared my 13 with may people and was never embarrased because of it
                      We got into our situation due to the unexpected death of my Father, and loss of income due to injuries.

I had to save my vehicles and house.

I have often thought 7 would have been better for me, but looking back I am proud to have paid my debts.

Also I find myself much better of than allot with the current economy.

I have 5 years of debt free living while others were racking it up
                      60 Month "Old Law"
                      Filed 10/4/2004
                      Confirmed 1/2005
                      Discharged 9/8/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X