Confirmation Hearing Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation Hearing Tomorrow

We have our confimation hearing tomorrow. I know I was stressed about the 341 and there was nothing to it.

I am once again stressed about tomorrow. Hopefully it will go well.

Did you file pro se or are you attending your hearing because your attorney wants you to?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Did you file pro se or are you attending your hearing because your attorney wants you to?
      In most districts the debtor must attend. Life would be so much easier if I could leave my client at the office.
      I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

We must attend in this district. As far as we know there are no objections yet.
        We are definitely keeping our fingers crossed.

Comment

The Florida Districts don't require an appearance by the Debtor. You can literally only attend the 341 Meeting and that's it!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by JimKutkowski View Post
            In most districts the debtor must attend.
            Interesting, Jim. In our experience with members posting about this here, most local courts do not require the filers to attend the confirmation hearing unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

We're in the 10th district and asked our lawyer if we could attend our confirmation hearing (we had three objections to our plan). Our lawyer said sure, if we wanted to, but it was not required. All we would hear is that our case was not confirmed, that the trustee, one creditor, and our lawyer were working together to resolve the objections, and that would be it. And he was right.

The filers attending their confirmation hearing seems to be something that is driven by local courts, states, and/or bk districts. In fact, some members have posted that in cases without objections, even their lawyer did not have to attend the confirmation hearing.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We attended and sat in the courtroom for about 20 minutes when our lawyer called us up to her and say everything looked fine we were good to go.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X