top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 13 & 2 car payments - Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 & 2 car payments - Need Help!

My wife is meeting with an attorney to file Chapter 13 to stop a repo (just one reason why) - but we're unsure what might happen:

She got both the cars a while back on her credit (my credit blows):

One is a lease that is up in July 2010 ($550 mo)
    the other is a Toyota that she financed and we still have 3 years to pay on ($350 mo)

Now the lease is in good shape with no late payments, but the Toyota is out for repo because we're 2 months late.

Does anyone know whether or not it's possible to keep both cars after filing chapter 13 - or can she just include the Toyota and exclude the lease from the plan, since we've only got another couple of months to pay on it?

Originally posted by samnedworthy View Post
    Does anyone know whether or not it's possible to keep both cars after filing chapter 13 - or can she just include the Toyota and exclude the lease from the plan, since we've only got another couple of months to pay on it?
    You're both filing? You can keep both cars. However, you'll need to do something about the ending lease. You may want to get a new car now. Your attorney will help you make the most effective choice in your bankruptcy pre-planning.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X