Good God Almighty - WE'RE CONFIRMED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good God Almighty - WE'RE CONFIRMED!

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK HEAVEN'S - FINALLY!!!

7 months later - confirmed at last! Now to get the "official" trustee document seeing what he will require - according to our attorney - no tax returns are being required to be turned over and...there were no further concerns/questions. Last hurdle we have is the new job / paycheck amount to see if Trustee will want to change our plan...(fingers crossed he wont) and...we're good to go!

*WHEW*

Congrats!!!!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

great news! i'm certain you are relieved!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats Pandora!
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congrats! We were right behind (or is is ahead?) of you at 6 months to get confirmed!

Comment

Yay!! congrats!
            Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Pandora congrats!!!! It is a relief.

confirmed 7/22/10
              Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Congratulations! I can't wait to be able to post the same thing!!!
                Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
                341 10/7/10
                Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

For those of you that have had your plans confirmed, is the general average 6-7 months after filing? We just filed in July, and I was hoping to have te plan conirmed before Christmas. I know... wishful thinking on my part!

Comment

Thanks all - it is quite the relief!

NoTomatoCan - yep.. you were about a month before us

Highlife: apparently its pretty standard to go 6-7 months before confirmation - some can get it done in as little as 3-4, however its not unheard of to go upwards of a year before getting confirmed. Guess it depends on the district, the trustee and what it is you're doing (like stripping a mortgage). That was what we were worried about, like BK is not stressful enough as it is!

Comment

Congrats!
                      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

congrats !!

Filed July 09
                        Confirmation - June 2010
                        Final Payment - June 2014 - 7/2/14 DISCHARGED

Comment

7 Months?? HC is that normal??
                          Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.
                          First Payment: 09/28/10 341 Hearing: 10/12/10, Confirmation: 10/28/10
                          2nd debtor education course taken: 02/05/13. DISCHARGE: 10/10/2013.

Comment

The time to confirmation depends on a lot of things - the specific case situation, if there are objections, trustee and judge customs, and prior case law decisions all impact how long it takes to get to confirmation. Look at our case - it took 15 months to confirmation because of three objections. While we waited the courts out, we just kept making our payments every month on time.

Don't get too hung up on the timing of when your confirmation is approved. How long it takes doesn't change what you do until your case is confirmed, whether it's 3 months, 15 months, or even longer.

CONGRATS TO YOU, PANDORA! Feels great, doesn't it? Now it's just keep making those payments on time, keep saving up your emergency fund, and stay under your trustee's radar. Good luck!!
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

This is good to know....as I thought my confirmation was taking long. I filed in June and ex has objected to EVERYTHING.
                              I have one hearing (motion to dismiss for being too poor to afford bk)in October and another in November (ex wants to sell my house in a bogus transaction)
                              And then there will be the avoiding of liens.....so it looks like this may go on for awhile.
                              Oh...and my lawyer seems to be working for the other side.

But patience is my middle name.

Congrats on your confirmation pandora!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X