What if the Trustee visits this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if the Trustee visits this forum?

I didn't think about this, but we all put dates in our signatures that tell others what our experiences are. Just like employers are using Facebook and other social media to ferret out some prospective employers, what are the chances that Trustees are coming here to see what we are doing.
    You might say that we only use user names, but if you have anything like your state and the date you filed, bam...they know who you are. In that case it would behoove you not to say anything that you would not want to be reminded of in a 341 or confirmation hearing.

Am I just over thinking or is this possible??
    Filed 09/08/10, $26k unsecured. Plan submitted 09/16/10, $250/mo X 36 Months = $9,000.
    First Payment: 09/28/10 341 Hearing: 10/12/10, Confirmation: 10/28/10
    2nd debtor education course taken: 02/05/13. DISCHARGE: 10/10/2013.

you are being paranoid

Trustees are too busy to care (for the most part).

Although the ability exists to narrow down who you might be, it would be difficult to pin you down given the volume of cases filed.

Most trustees are not technically proficient.
    Last edited by HHM; 10-29-2010, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teddybeardj View Post
      I didn't think about this, but we all put dates in our signatures that tell others what our experiences are. Just like employers are using Facebook and other social media to ferret out some prospective employers, what are the chances that Trustees are coming here to see what we are doing.
      You might say that we only use user names, but if you have anything like your state and the date you filed, bam...they know who you are. In that case it would behoove you not to say anything that you would not want to be reminded of in a 341 or confirmation hearing.

Not just Trustees, but what if you had an angry person who was filing an AP against you? You wouldn't want to give them ammunition on-line that they could twist to make you look bad at the 341.

If you had one of those rare bankruptcy cases, it would make sense to at least make the dates on your signature more vague so it would be harder to narrow it down to specifically you, paranoid or not
      Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
      Attended 341 September 2010
      Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Another possibility exists: a non-trustee feeding information to the bankruptcy fraud tip line. I think most people here have nothing to hide and are deliberately trying not to do anything that will trip them up later, but for those who are walking the edge, it's probably wise to be vague, and misinformational now and then.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by teddybeardj View Post

Not everyone puts their filing dates and timelines in their signature. Even with those I think a trustee a: Doesn't have the time to try and figure out who is who..and b: doesn't care.

Besides, 99.5% of the people here have done absolutely nothing to raise suspicions in a trustees mind. Quite the opposite in fact, most are here so they don't make mistakes and to share their knowledge with others.
          Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I'm as paranoid as you. My dates are actually slightly off for that very reason.
            Filed CH13 - 06/2009
            Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Originally posted by forgotten View Post
              I'm as paranoid as you. My dates are actually slightly off for that very reason.
              LOL!! mine are even the wrong year!! but NOW that i have told everyone! what good does it do??
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We actually had our Enemy feed information--wrong though it may have been--to our trustee, trying to foul up our case, as if we hadn't fouled it up enough on our own. Those that have it in their minds to rook you over, are going to try their best to do so, no matter what. But all that was before we found this forum. So dates and times here were irrelevant.

The problem is that things like filing BK or for divorce, selling/buying property, satisfying a mortgage, etc., all of those things are Public Record, and anyone with a will do do so can search out your information and *twist* if it they so choose.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                  We actually had our Enemy feed information--wrong though it may have been--to our trustee, trying to foul up our case, as if we hadn't fouled it up enough on our own. Those that have it in their minds to rook you over, are going to try their best to do so, no matter what. But all that was before we found this forum. So dates and times here were irrelevant.

The problem is that things like filing BK or for divorce, selling/buying property, satisfying a mortgage, etc., all of those things are Public Record, and anyone with a will do do so can search out your information and *twist* if it they so choose.
                  they sure can. no hiding from anyone nowadays....wonder what ever happened to that privacy act???
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

It used to be harder when one actually had to go down to the courthouse and do, or pay someone, to do a Public Records search. But now with so many things being available online--PACER, for instance--it is becoming much easier.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

LOL! I imagine that would be quite time consuming for a Trustee. Just because my dates are in my signature and my state is on my profile means nothing. How would they know which district within the state? Even if I've posted it here, they'd have some searching to do. My username has nothing to do with my real name, so it'd be tough to pinpoint. If any of them have that much time on their hands, I'd be shocked. Besides, I've got nothing to hide. And even if I did, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be stupid enough to post it on a public forum.
                      Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                      341 meeting - 4/2010
                      Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by NAZZZIUST
                        CURSES!!!!! My diabolical plans have been foiled again!!!!

And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for that pesky Teddybeardj!!!!
                        i'm NOT really appreciating your addy whether it's a joke or NOT!!

Comment

And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for that pesky Teddybeardj!!!!
                          better.........addy...but no excuse to use a swastika for an addy...really shameful

Comment

LOL!!

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            better.........addy...but no excuse to use a swastika for an addy...really shameful
                            Sometimes people unintentionally offend others, usually due to ignorance. This person made a change when you pointed out the offense. That's to be commended, as are you for pointing it out in the first place. There was no need for further criticism.

JMO. I won't say more on the topic.
                            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I also have been purposely vague (or slightly off) with certain information. Thou in all honesty I dont think that you have anything to worry about unless it is a very high $$$ case, or someone has a personal vendetta against you (ie you somehow made the trustee feel slighted so he is going to take you through the ringer if he can)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X