How do you not go crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you not go crazy?

I can't focus at work, home, sleep... Hopefully I'll have some direction after next week.. I don't know how people do this.

By coming to this forum :-)

Comment

Exactly as IamOld wrote.

This forum is a blessing, it certainly put me more at ease during the initial phases: deciding to file, filing, pre-341, and the 341.

When I first started this process I was on here constantly and now, well I still am.

It's tough for everyone but know that support and guidance exists here, with no judgment.
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
        By coming to this forum :-)
        You left out the whiskey drinking.....

To the OP, it gets better. To you, this process is a big deal. To everyone else in your case, it happens all the time.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          You left out the whiskey drinking.....

To the OP, it gets better. To you, this process is a big deal. To everyone else in your case, it happens all the time.
          Frogger, as usual, speaks the truth! As my present spouse points out all the time...

Comment

who said we were all sane to begin with ?

You take a deep breath and say to yourself over and over again "ain't nuthin' but a thang..." then....take a few shots afterwards

Hang in there - this too shall pass

Comment

sorry, this site is just not accepting video or jpgs...but it was funny if you were there.
              Last edited by tobee43; 06-08-2011, 02:33 PM.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

have been in worse situations and for some reason survived.
                Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

You take it one day at a time, and if you have to, one HOUR at a time.

Make sure that you make it a point to read or watch something that gives you a good belly-laugh every day. It does wonders. When I was dealing with my mother during her Alzheimer's bout, I made it a point to spend a few minutes each day in the 'joke section' of our local greeting card store.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Being a two time loser (previous chapter 7) made it a lot easier for me, less so for my wife, though eventually she was very pleased with how I handled everything.
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by salsa View Post
                      I can't focus at work, home, sleep... Hopefully I'll have some direction after next week.. I don't know how people do this.
                      You are going through a life event....life events cause major change and anxiety. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown in the several month's after my husband's major job loss and the months before filing our Chapter 13. We hunkered down, battened down the hatches and rode out the storm and 10 years after filing it's like nothing happened except we learned a whole lotta stuff to say the least and will never, ever put ourselves in that position again. Many people have posted on here they have gone to their family doctors and advised their doctor as to their financial issues and all the anxiety and worrying - a mild antidepressant can work wonders during this time and take the edge off things and help one focus.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

All of you are quite right - I tell you I drove spouse to the point of almost leaving with my anxiety...so now I just hold it in :-)

Comment

Yes managing the spouse emotionally is the hardest part. You quickly find out if she's a keeper. Mine is, and I'm grateful for it.
                          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

So is mine- thing is, I was the hysterical one

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                            Yes managing the spouse emotionally is the hardest part. You quickly find out if she's a keeper. Mine is, and I'm grateful for it.

Comment

Salsa, you sound just like me for the past 3 or 4 months.....right up until I had my "free evaluation" two weeks ago.
                              Sleeping pills to sleep, Ativan during the day for the panic attacks.
                              As soon as I walked into my attorney's office, it was like a cloud was lifted.
                              I have about 4 more items to gather and then I go back to his office - I hope he will file next Friday.
                              Until then, I just look at caller ID and laugh. What else can I do? Cry? That wont pay them either.
                              Its just like my DH's stroke - we find humour in it because we cried too much to begin with - and that didnt make it go away either.
                              It is what it is.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X