Mailed my last payment today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mailed my last payment today....

I got the secured car claim added and showing correctly on the trustee's website. Requested a payoff amount (I am in the 39th month of a 60 month plan). Signed my 1328 and faxed to lawyer. Aquired the money orders and mailed my payoff today.

Now.......*twiddles thumbs* I wait.

The trustee's website shows that they received my payment. Wait for it.........but it also shows my claims as doubled (there are now 32 instead of 16) and the new duplicates are going to people I don't owe (jcpenney, child support, some court in texas). I know there is nothing to be done. *sigh* however, I needed to share my frustration with the bk hiccups.

Comment

Now its 25 claims showing (I only have 16). If its not fixed by the morning, I guess I will have to call someone. Don't want the trustee paying someone else's claims from my money.....

Comment

You mentioned a lawyer.....where is your attorney in all this??? You paid him/her good money to represent you throughout the duration of your 13 when stuff like this happens. (Or did you file pro se (without a lawyer)?

If you are represented, get your lawyer on the phone and share what has happened as quickly as possible. Sounds like someone in the trustee's office has posted the wrong claims to your case by mistake. You need to get this taken care of in a timely manner. Get your lawyer on it soonest. I highly encourage you to stop trying to take care of all of this legal stuff by yourself (unless you aren't represented by a bk lawyer).
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

well, the account ledger on 13dataenter is also missing (it tells me to come back later) and non of it started until they posted my last payment. When I filed my secured claim, it showed up wrong on the trustee's website at first. If it is still wrong after the next update (tomorrow morning), then I'll call my attorney and have her contact the trustee's office.

Comment

So...the ledger is back and the extra claims disappeared. All looks well and my status is now listed as....*drumroll*........ready to close!!! I'm excited. Matter-of-fact, I'm going to look at it again. LOL

Comment

I know that Ch13 Discharges are handled differently from Ch7s. When you get more specific notification, let us know.... I have a hamster troupe ready to go...
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Your official Ch 13 discharge balloons and confetti are waiting in the wings too, MissF! Glad that everything worked out!
                I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget