The end is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end is near

4 years 1 month into a 5 year plan, i recieved a letter from my trustee that the final cure payment has been recieved and to stop sending in payments.also i recieved a partal refund of what was in my account also i got a copy of letter sent to my payroll office to stop payment!!! stick a fork in me i"m almost done yeepee!!!!!

Congratulations! I am glad to see so many folks crossing the finish line. ;)

Comment

That is so nice to hear..congratulations!!!!!

Did you know the plan was going to end early???
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Lucky u!!!! Were u 100 percent plan?

Comment

0% to unsecured payed only mortgage and arrears . and not i didnt know i would be done early was a nice surprise.

Comment

Was wanting to know if my chapter 13 final audit be held up because i am up to date on trustee payments but have not been able to pay my lawyer extra fees that were approved by court, that were not added to payment plan.will i be granted a discharge if i still owe my lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by GIVFOUR View Post
              Was wanting to know if my chapter 13 final audit be held up because i am up to date on trustee payments but have not been able to pay my lawyer extra fees that were approved by court, that were not added to payment plan.will i be granted a discharge if i still owe my lawyer
              This does not sound right. The attorney fees are usually the first that are paid in full during a 13, at least on mine and others in my area.
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                0% to unsecured payed only mortgage and arrears . and not i didnt know i would be done early was a nice surprise.
                So none of your unsecured made claims? Are you under median?

How can a 13 finish early when more creditors are owed?
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Terry, was your income under median when you filed?
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by GIVFOUR View Post
                    If the additional attorney fees weren't added to the plan, then the fact that they haven't been paid should not hold up your audit and discharge.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

if he was under median, then he wouldn't have a 5 year plan.

Comment

These were extra fee the lawyer charged for creditors fighting against me and the court approved them. I was suppose to pay them outside the plan but i have not had the money to do so. Im at the end of chapt 13 plan and the fees still are not paid. Was scared that my lawyer would hold up the discharge because of these fees that he did not want to add to plan. He does not answer my calls anymore and did not know what to do. I plan to pay all fees but they will not be paid befor the end of plan.

Comment

the letter i recieved from the trustee. notice of final cure payment and completion of payments under the plan attornys fees were paid in full at the begining also the trustee send a letter to my payroll office to stop payments.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                            the letter i recieved from the trustee. notice of final cure payment and completion of payments under the plan attornys fees were paid in full at the begining also the trustee send a letter to my payroll office to stop payments.
                            Well there you go. Congrats are in order for sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by toojerm View Post
                              if he was under median, then he wouldn't have a 5 year plan.
                              That is why I asked the question. It doesn't make sense that the plan would be completed in 49 months when the plan does not pay 100% of unsecured claims. So, either none of Terry's unsecured creditors filed claims, or he is an undermedian filer and had to go more than 36 months in order to pay the mortgage arrears. He may think the plan ended early because he thinks plans are either 36 months or 60 months and nothing in between.

Congratulations on completing your plan, Terry!
                              Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 08-09-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X