Bank sweeps for Chexsystem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank sweeps for Chexsystem

I am only two months in on my Ch. 13. I included my former bank in my plan because at the time of file I was overdrafted $600.00. I spoke with them and they were understanding, but said they would most likely have to report me to Chex. I have been going bankless for the last two months and it is kind of a pain with check cashing fees and using a secured debit card, with monthly fee's as well. I am positive as of today I am not in the Chexsystem and a new account can be set up, but I have read horror stories about banks doing periodic sweeps and automatically freezing an account because of it and the people not able to get their money for over two weeks. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

I have no personal experience, but apparently it does happen. Check out http://www.chexvictims.net/ It has a list of banks that do not use Chexsystem. I can't vouch for the forum. I am not a member and can't view most of the content. I ran across it recently when somebody else had a question about Chexsystem.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Just obtain your free annual report from Chex Systems! Evaluate the report and if you see that bank listed, just send a copy of your notice of bankruptcy to Chex Systems. They will probably remove the entry on the spot. I had a similar issue in Chapter 13 due to a line of credit that my bank reported. Chex removed the entry.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X