top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just filed...when do we pay first payment? Have a 341 date set in November.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filed...when do we pay first payment? Have a 341 date set in November.

So our attorney was awesome and was able to emergency file our BK...but she's not so great at most communication. We got a letter from her stating our 341 date of November 14th. But we still haven't talked about when our first payment is? I thought it was usually within 30 days of filing right? I haven't received any letters or anything of when and/or who to pay. I plan on calling on monday.

When was your first trustee payment due?
    Got behind with mortgage due to high risk pregnancy. Went through nightmare with Citimortgage trying to modify loan and they started foreclosure. Filed BK 13 ONE day before sale date of house. Feeling nervous but hopeful

You are correct that it's due 30 days after filing. I believe that is universal. I got a letter from the trustee with instructions on payment. But, definitely ask your attorney instead of waiting to hear from the trustee.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Payments I understand are made from deductions via your employers payroll, did you get a different deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ccmisery View Post
        Payments I understand are made from deductions via your employers payroll, did you get a different deal?
        Payroll deductions are available in jurisdictions where the Trustee and Court will entertain such. Other ways to pay are on-line bill pay, again, where available, and, the old fashion way - certified funds mailed to a lock box. And, yes, the 1st payment is due 30 days after the case is filed unless otherwise ordered by the court.

Des.

Comment

thanks! I'll plan on the payment then and just wait to see if the trustee sends me a letter next week.
          Got behind with mortgage due to high risk pregnancy. Went through nightmare with Citimortgage trying to modify loan and they started foreclosure. Filed BK 13 ONE day before sale date of house. Feeling nervous but hopeful

Comment

As everyone has said, the first payment deadline is 30 days from date of case filing.

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
              Payroll deductions are available in jurisdictions where the Trustee and Court will entertain such. Other ways to pay are on-line bill pay, again, where available, and, the old fashion way - certified funds mailed to a lock box. And, yes, the 1st payment is due 30 days after the case is filed unless otherwise ordered by the court.

Des.
              How do they typically handle the payment date? First of the month, middle or end? Can you do two installments or does it have to be all at once?

Comment

If your trustee requires payment via wage deduction, you are still responsible for making the monthly payment until the wage deduction order is processed by your employer. Generally speaking, the monthly payment for the upcoming month is due before the 1st day of that month. Your first payment is due, as others have mentioned, within 30 days of the filing date. Except in one or two states, the first payment starts the countdown for the Chapter 13 payment term, without regard to how long it might take to achieve confirmation of the plan.

Comment

Our 341 Meeting was Sept. 12th and our 1st payment was due in the Trustee's Office by Sept. 1st, before the Meeting. We are allowed to send a Personal Check. Unlike most on this Forum, our State NC required that we attended the Financial class 2 hrs. prior to our 341 Meeting, so we got that over with also. Check with your Attorney, we have still not been Confirmed but sending in our 3rd payment this week for Nov. 1st. sammie
                  Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X