Some Unsecured have not files claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Unsecured have not files claims

What happens in a situation where some unsecured do not file claims? Would I pay off 13 earlier once the other unsecured have been paid 100%?

About 6 months in.....This is gonna be a tough 5 years!

Yes, your plan would be completed as soon as all unsecured claims are paid 100% (as well as other things that are typically paid before unsecured creditors). If an unsecured creditor does not file a claim, they don't get a penny from the trustee.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I have just been confirmed too but I dont know who put in a claim yet. Will i get some kind of documentation, a letter or something itemizing it all? Thank you!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
        I have just been confirmed too but I dont know who put in a claim yet. Will i get some kind of documentation, a letter or something itemizing it all? Thank you!
        I didn't. I looked the claims up on Pacer. Your attorney probably gets copies and should contact you if he sees something that isn't consistent with the information he has about your debts.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I found all my claims on Pacer also never received anything in the mail.

Comment

Hi Atrix,

I'm in the exact same place as you...i'm 6 months into my 5 year, 100% plan. The good news one of my large unsecured creditors did not file by the bar date and now both bar dates have passed. I'm crossing my fingers no one tries to submit a late claim (which I would have my lawyer dispute). If they don't file a late claim I'm down to 46 months left. And worst case scenario if they do and it's approved by the court, it's still no longer 5 years. We're already down to 4.5 years (6 months gone). Have to look at the positives!!! Good luck to you...
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you Lady, good attitude Sophieanne!!
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X