Filed Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Yesterday

I have lurking around sometime now just reading and learning from others post. Well after much hanging on the fence its finally done. My attorney filed my Chap 13 paperwork yesterday at 4:50PM. I must say it is quite a relief. I quit using the credit cards back in 2009 and I can't say that I really miss them all that much. I most certainly won't miss seeing a large chunk of my paycheck going to them.

Welcome to BKForum! Congratulations on getting off the fence and on the road to being debt free!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Welcome and congratulations to taking the first step to freedom. Are you going to be in a 3 year or 5 year plan?
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you LIR and sophieanne for the welcome. I will be in a 5 year plan. 60 months sure seems far away, but a lot closer than the years it would have taken me to try and pay off the debt outside BK

Comment

Originally posted by new2013 View Post
          Thank you LIR and sophieanne for the welcome. I will be in a 5 year plan. 60 months sure seems far away, but a lot closer than the years it would have taken me to try and pay off the debt outside BK
          Yeah, I think I would have died before I paid of my debt. Now I'm on track to have the mortgage paid off by the time I retire. Just how it should work.

I'm just over half way through my 60 month plan. Time goes by more quickly every year.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congrats and welcome! I am a newbie and just made payment no 4! Nice to have company, this is cool forum!
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

DMC yes it is beyond cool and thank you.

I actually began contemplating bankruptcy in 2011 but just couldn't bring myself to accept what I considered failure or copping out.
              This site answered many questions I had, helped me to accept that BK is not failure or a quick fix, and gave me the reassurance that I'm not alone. My friends and family that I cared to share my struggle with have been very supportive but no one understands better than someone that has walked a mile in your shoes.

Comment

Exactly new! As you can see by my signin, i considered it in 2008, and didnt do it until now doh! I have seen the advice here "dont put off the inevitable" but I am a slowwwww learner. I have told only 2 people and no family, dynamics are sticky.
                Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Even with me 100% payback of my cc debt will be doable under 13, in a 3 or 5 year plan is a big TBD, thar is if all my creditors show up.

Comment

CCmisery I'm in a 5 yr 100% payback and and I will be paying less than half of what I was attempting to keep up with before I started thinking about filing.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome. I only wish we had know about this forum before taking out over $40,000 from a 401k early to pay cc's off, but that too is a lesson learned. It will go by quickly. sammie
                      Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X