Chapter 13_Just mailed my last payment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13_Just mailed my last payment!

One of the happiest days of my life. My last payment is in the mail with 14 days to spare... I am happy to be one of the few folks who made it all the way through the Chapter 13 process.. It has been tough.. Got laid off from a nice government job in 2008, less than 3 months after I filed, had to relocate to Tampa from Orlando area for a new job. Was lucky to find people who would understanding and would rent to me.. Things were going smoothly until last February, with 1 year to go, I got laid off again and had a tough time finding employment; but found a job (with a huge pay cut) and had to relocate back to Orlando...

So here we are.. 5 years, two job layoffs and 2 relocation's later, I have done everything asked of me. Made all payments and all on time....Now I just await the final legalities..I hope the process goes quickly as I would like to be discharged and closed prior to getting my tax refund, if I get one. I may owe this year..

I haven't been a big poster on this site but I can guarantee you that when I had a question about bk this was the first and only site I came to for info.. My lawyer did get me a fair plan but he was hard to get a hold of and pretty much is out of the bk lawyer business and has moved on to consumer project type law.. So this forum is my top source for info and has been very important to me.

Thank you all for all the answers, information and motivation. Life begins anew today!

Satchboogie
    Orlando

Congrats to you. I only have 2 payments left and I will be finished also. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Comment

Congratulations on getting through your plan even though you faced significant obstacles!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congratulations and thank you so much for posting! Is it just me or do these posts make everyone cry? I get so emotional (happy) about this... I'm just a sap! Congrats again!
        Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
        Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Congrats!!! I have 23 more, so looking forward to sending in #60.
          Discharged 5/2015

Comment

Great News

Comment

Time to celebrate..congratulations to you!!!!
              Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by TheBajan View Post
                Congratulations and thank you so much for posting! Is it just me or do these posts make everyone cry? I get so emotional (happy) about this... I'm just a sap! Congrats again!
                No you are not the only one who cries. I'm happy for the OP but wish it was me! lol

Congrats Boogie!
                CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
                Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

Congrats! Its worth all the hard work and sacrifice to finally reach the end!
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
                  Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

Dang good news. Congrats.
                    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congrats, you def has some hurdles!!!
                      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congrats!!!!
                        Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                        0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Well it took a week for the payment to get there, but finally on my case summary on the Chapter 13 National Data Center, the numbers for the total paid into the plan and the plan base are the same....From the looks of it, it looks like the trustee is a month behind in making payments to the claims so it may be a while before discharge. On the bright side. all of my debt was bought by the same company (EC) so all the claims are going to one company so that sure make things go quicker. Can't wait for discharge and closure....

Satchboogie

Comment

Lucky!! I cant wait!!!
                            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

That's great to hear!! That is something to really be proud of! Sounds like you overcame a lot of adversity.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X