Too careful!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too careful!!!

I got approved for autopay to start May 25. My payment is usually made on the first so I sent a money order because I dont want to be late! Now i find out they are still gonna take out for end of may. Dang it! Is this gonna be an "extra" payment or just added to the mix?? This has been a tuff time because I owed taxs and had to send state refund to trustee. As long as they are satisfied I should be happy! Broke but happy! Thank you
    Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

I'm confused. If you usually pay on the first, I would think that the money order covers the May 1st payment and the May 25 auto pay will cover the April 1st payment.

If I'm not understanding and there is an extra payment, I'd call the trustee and find out if they can either return the money order or delay the beginning of autopay for a month.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 04-23-2013, 10:36 AM.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hi there! I called the atty office and they called trustee and said it will be an extra payment and could be refunded at end of plan! I like your idea better about sending back the money order! I will call again, let you know.

Comment

Or, maybe they can apply it to the June payment?
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Called and they said they cant return it. Once they turn on auto pay it is just automatic, bummer. One saving grace is there are 2 paychecks in may and I will be ok if i am super careful. Geesh

Comment

I mean 3 in May not two paychecks

Comment

You are required to make the payments stipulated in your Confirmation Order. The trustee does not just abscond with any payment overages which might have occurred during the duration of the Chapter 13 plan. Rest assured that you will be reimbursed for any payment s you made over and above those that were required.

Comment

Or..worst case scenario, your plan ends a payment sooner than you expected. What state are you in?? I'm wishing my trustee would get with the auto program.
                Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I am in california. I sure it will work out but... Gah i need that cash right now! Just paid taxes and such! Makes it a littlt TOO tight! :-(

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X