It's month 36! About to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's month 36! About to close

My Ch 13 plan was confirmed in 7/10. I've been making monthly payments since 6/2010. My plan was confirmed for 36 months. According to 13DataCenter, with the current cash on hand, amt's owed to each creditor who filed against me, The remaining balance would be around $65.

I contacted my attorney, who hasn't heard from me in two years, regarding what I do now. Do I wait for a final notice from the trustee? As far as I know I did the Debtor ed classes when I first filed. I'm in the Youngstown OH district and my payments get mailed to the Trustee in Memphis TN. I've sent in every Federal and State tax returns. My payments have all been made in a timely manner. Just want things to get rolling because I DESPERATELY need a new vehicle because mine is 10 years old(wasn't included in CH 13 repayment) with 165K miles, the rocker panels on the rear wheels are rusted out, the AC unit-which I repaired 2 yrs ago- isn't working right, it needs new tires before winter and it needs to be retired.

These 3 years have flown by! It's been interesting...did I mention that last year, I had a kidney removed due to a CANCEROUS TUMOR on it? Yeah. I'm cancer free and didn't require any further treatment. Also found out (4 months before my kidney cancer) that hubby had been having an affair with a former high school classmate. And THIS YEAR? I had part of my thyroid removed but thankfully that wasn't cancerous!

Whew, it's been quite a ride!
    Filed CH 13 5/28/10
    341 Hearing 6/23/10 & 8/23/10/Confirmed 9/21/2010 36 months
    DISCHARGED 9/12/13

OK so my Attorney's office just called back, his paralegal actually, and told me to send $100 to the trustee and that should get the ball rolling on getting my CH 13 discharged!!! WOOT!!!
    Filed CH 13 5/28/10
    341 Hearing 6/23/10 & 8/23/10/Confirmed 9/21/2010 36 months
    DISCHARGED 9/12/13

Comment

Congratulations....and way to go...speaking of challenges, you've had them all. Everything should help you be stronger now that you get to start your new life. I am very very happy for you . Good luck as you go forward in life.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congratulations! I can't wait to see your post showing that you are discharged!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X