Last Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Check

I have my last pmt. of my 13 lying next to me waiting to be mailed. I won't be completely relieved until discharged. It's been a long 55 months and it is about over. Never missed a pmt. This forum has brought peace of mind seeing answers to questions that I also thought about. There is a bright light at end of tunnel now that 4.5 years ago that seemed very dark. BK 13 saved me, and I payed every debt off completely as well as paying off mortgage. Thanks for all the information and I will be dwelling here getting information to complete discharge.

Congratulations on being almost done. Congratulations on having finished paying off your mortgage. As soon as you get the official notice of Disharge, we will throw you a Discharge Party!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by BEB View Post
      I have my last pmt. of my 13 lying next to me waiting to be mailed. I won't be completely relieved until discharged. It's been a long 55 months and it is about over. Never missed a pmt. This forum has brought peace of mind seeing answers to questions that I also thought about. There is a bright light at end of tunnel now that 4.5 years ago that seemed very dark. BK 13 saved me, and I payed every debt off completely as well as paying off mortgage. Thanks for all the information and I will be dwelling here getting information to complete discharge.
      Mailed? Hell, I'd be hand delivering that puppy....

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats! That is huge! Happy dance!
        Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Congratulations!

Make sure a certificate of completion of Financial Management course and a Chapter 13 Debtor's Certification Regarding Domestic Obligations have been filed. They are required for discharge. Here are links to the federal forms, but some courts have their own local forms: http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/Rul.../B_23_1210.pdf
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            Congratulations!

Make sure a certificate of completion of Financial Management course and a Chapter 13 Debtor's Certification Regarding Domestic Obligations have been filed. They are required for discharge.
            Yes indeed. I just saw one yesterday that went 60 months and closed without discharge because these exact documents were not filed..........
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

So Happy for you enjoy the weekend

Comment

Congrats on almost being done. It is a huge relief not to have to send anymore payments to the trustee. Enjoy your soon new found freedom. I think it is just awesome you paid off your mortgage.

Comment

I love reading good news..congratulations and way to go!!!! Enjoy your new freedom!
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats to you!

Comment

Thanks everyone. All courses were completed at beginning and copies sent to atty. and I also have copies of successful completion. Looked at my bank statement this am and see the last check has been cashed. Will call atty. next week if I don't get letter from trustee to stop paying. I added up unpaid liabilities on 13 data site and they come in less than last check. I assume the little bit left goes to trustee. Compared to some jurisdictions mine was relatively painless and for this I am thankful. Looking forward to a debt free life. I don't ever want to get myself into the position I was in and besides I am too old now to dig myself out of that kind of mess. Life is good now and about to get better.

Comment

Well, if you need an account number and address for that payment I can supply it for you.

Just kidding, but really if you need the info....

Congrats.
                        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X