Car in a CH 13 plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car in a CH 13 plan.

We have a car that is being paid in our ch13 , it is how paid off . Can I do what I want with it?

I was looking to trade for something with lower miles ,as it's pushing 120,000 . Not going to finance ,just trade down.

Do I have to let anybody know, Trustee, Court or do I have to wait till the end of ch13[3 yr's].

Did the lender send you your title? If so, you can probably sell it. But, ask your attorney first.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Definitely ask your attorney first. Hopefully, the lender has already sent you the title to the vehicle. You just want to make sure that you can transfer your property. (Most Chapter 13 Plans include provisions that all property vests back to the debtor upon confirmation, but some Districts still require permission to dispose of property.)
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes , have title in hand and lender sign off . Thank's will check with attorney too.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X