Discharged! Finally....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged! Finally....

After 4 long years, we're finally discharged. Thinking back to the agony of deciding what to do with our mountain of debt, buckling down and filing was one of the best things we could have done. My wife and I had a lot of expenses that we racked up on our credit cards and actually had a 3-4 year plan in place to pay off the total balances of our cards. Then 2009 came about and our 4-6% APR cards suddenly became 30-35% cards out of nowhere. No late payments, never paid less than twice the minimum monthly payments, but BAM! new interest rates. Our new minimums became more than we could afford. We ended up in a 100% payback for all claims and kept the mortgage, school loans, and auto loans outside of the plan. Its been a long road getting to the end, and there's been plenty of bumps in the road, but glad we did it. We paid off both autos during the plan and decided now to take the payments that we were sending the trustee and apply them toward school loans. Looking to have them paid off by the end of the year. I can finally breathe again.
    Chapter 13 - 100% Payback - Filed 2/2010 - Discharged 4/2014

Good for you and it sounds like you are determined to be debt free.

Gives us others hope.

Thanks
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
      Good for you and it sounds like you are determined to be debt free.

Gives us others hope.

Thanks
      Thanks Spidge. We're trying to hit that mark someday. We had times during the plan that we didn't think we'd get through it, and at times it seemed that time stood still, then other times it flew by. Its like running a marathon, it takes forever, but you eventually get to the finish line.

Comment

Congratulations Drew and wife....i am so happy for you both. Now a new life begins. Enjoy!!!!
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I agree! Sometimes like time stands still! Painful at times! Congrats to you and wife! So jealous! ;-)
          Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Hi Drew: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When one can put a CH13 behind and go on with living, this is the best news of all. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Please consider sticking around and helping the newbies that join almost every day.

Thanks!!!
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Comment

Welcome to the club! Breathing is a good thing.
                Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

Congratulations!! On the discharge and the wise decision to get the student loans paid off.

I wonder how many bankruptcies could be avoided if the banks would simply lower interest rates to make payments more manageable. I asked and they refused. Now they are getting less than 1%. They did me a favor!
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                    Congratulations!! On the discharge and the wise decision to get the student loans paid off.

I wonder how many bankruptcies could be avoided if the banks would simply lower interest rates to make payments more manageable. I asked and they refused. Now they are getting less than 1%. They did me a favor!
                    I begged and pleaded, but got the same response that they gave you. The crazy part is that even with a 100% payback, they ALL sold off the debt and ended up with pennies on the dollar.

Comment

The banks are evil!
                      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X