The endgame has me nervous😕

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The endgame has me nervous😕

I'm about to send payment #55 of 60 in. I am on a base plan. My percentage to creditors has always been 35% and that was going to have me paying more than my scheduled amounts. But I've read on here that the base plan amount is what I should concern myself with, so I wasn't concerned. But I've been looking at NDC and see that my trustee hasn't made a distribution since the end of March. They sat on the April payment I sent. And Friday, NDC has my percentage listed as 100%! This of course has shot my scheduled amounts way up! The status of case is "cases in limbo-x", and its been like that for a couple of months.
    Anyone have similar experience near the end? Of course this all happens on Friday so I can't call and ask anyone what's up. I looked it up on PACER and the status says something like "awaiting to close"

Did all your creditors make a claim? If not I wonder if your base amount comes out to 100% of those claims. Just spit balling here.

Hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed.
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Yeah, all my creditors made a claim. Not sure what's going on. Hoping it's just a record keeping thing the trustee has temporary done

Comment

Well if Pacer indicates "waiting to close" and your plan base has not gone up I would not concern myself with what NDC has posted. Easy for me to say though, its not me.
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

I never say to look at your plan base. I say just keep making your payments until you reach #60 (or #36), your attorney telling you to stop, or the Trustee telling you to stop... whichever comes first. The Plan Base is modified by the Trustee's office at least once a year based on yearly audits. It is not something that you should measure your completion UNLESS you are in a 100% plan.

Also, how the Trustee pays or does not pay creditors, is technically not your concern. The Trustee can hold payments for unsecured creditors as s/he chooses. The Trustee also can pay all the secured creditors first and then pay the unsecured creditors in lump sums towards the end of the Plan. That is actually the most common way that Trustees manage the plan.
          Last edited by justbroke; 05-11-2014, 09:38 AM.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            I never say to look at your plan base. I say just keep making your payments until you reach #60 (or #36), your attorney telling you to stop, or the Trustee telling you to stop... whichever comes first. The Plan Base is modified by the Trustee's office at least once a year based on yearly audits. It is not something that you should measure your competition UNLESS you are in a 100% plan.

Also, how the Trustee pays or does not pay creditors, is technically not your concern. The Trustee can hold payments for unsecured creditors as s/he chooses. The Trustee also can pay all the secured editors first and then pay the unsecured creditors in lump sums towards the end of the Plan. That is actually the most common way that Trustees manager the plan.
            I agree. In my plan the priority claims will be paid at the end of the fourth year and by the math the claims will be paid well beyond the original plan percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubby214 View Post
              I'm about to send payment #55 of 60 in. I am on a base plan. My percentage to creditors has always been 35% ... And Friday, NDC has my percentage listed as 100%!
              My percentage was 32%, as soon as I hit it, my % inn NDC went to 100% as well. I paid until I had made 60 payments, but I was just shy of my base amount. It turns out that when my payment amount changed a few years in, I was to pay that new amount that month even though I had already made that month's payment. I sent in the difference bringing me to the base amount and went to "Completed as a 60 Month plan" on NDC. As others have said, just keep paying until you get a notice from the court. When you reach payment 60 contact your lawyer so he can make sure everything is in order.
              March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
              Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

NDC has shown my % as 100% from the beginning even though I am paying less than 1%. My plan was confirmed at $500 a month for 60 months and, unless it is modified for some reason, making my monthly payment is all I will worry about.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

You know, I am in a 58 month plan (yeah really) mine and with less than 1% to unsecureds. I am also nearing the end and on the systems, mine went to 100% a couple of months ago. I wasn't alarmed by this, because I know what my payments are supposed to be and until when, because I wrote the plan. My base amount hasn't changed (except to accommodate my recent income tax refund amount) and neither have my payment amounts. Until I read this thread, I thought 100% was just a typo by the person who enters the data, because they also show me paid ahead one month since a year ago in July, and I know that I am not ahead on my payments. I am fully expecting a phone call when they audit... because they always call me when there is a math problem to solve. Maybe 100% is a system glitch?
                  Last edited by tigergem; 05-11-2014, 12:33 PM. Reason: coffee didn't reach the fingers...

Comment

Our NDC info hasn't changed since day one except for the payment amounts. As of right now we are 57 months in, all creditors have been paid and we have balance on hand of $4,295. Just waiting it out until we hit payment #60!
                    Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X