Missed a creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed a creditor

I would appreciate any insight into this . . So I filed Pro Se a few months ago but I missed a creditor. Now a week after an uneventful 341 a new entry appears on my credit report for a debt that was incurred a year before. Its just a few hundred bucks but it hit my credit score pretty hard . Is there a way for this to be removed from my credit report even though I didn't list the creditor in the original matrix ?

Thanks very much in advance

Personally, instead of worrying about your "credit score" you should be thinking about paying the $30.00 to the Clerk of the Bk Court and file an amendment to Schedule F and the Master Mailing Matrix. Once amended you need to mail a copy of the amendment AND the notice of filing to the creditor. This way, if you end up as an asset case the debt will be subject to the discharge.

If you have already done the appropriate amendment I imagine someone will chime in about the (relatively unimportant) credit report issue.

Des.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Des. I haven't filed the amendment yet. Another question: if the last day for creditors to object is June 4 will this amendment extend that date another 60 days ?

Comment

Originally posted by jgeddes View Post
        Thanks for the reply Des. I haven't filed the amendment yet. Another question: if the last day for creditors to object is June 4 will this amendment extend that date another 60 days ?
        See Federal Rule of Bankruptcy Procedure 4004: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frbp/rule_4004

I suspect it is the BK, not the reporting of the debt, that hit your credit report so hard. That one report is not going to impact your credit score as much or as long as the BK will. In any event, I agree with Des that your credit report is unimportant at this point.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks for the response Lady

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X