top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter 7 not yet discharged. Should current mortgage be listed as closed, derog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 not yet discharged. Should current mortgage be listed as closed, derog?

I'm currently in active Chapter 7. Just had 341 meeting a week ago. I checked my credit reports on Credit Karma and my mortgage, which I'm current on, is listed as closed and derogatory. Is this how it's supposed to be listed or is there a way to get the "derog" removed? I haven't filled out any reaffirmation agreement for the mortgage. Was planning on just staying and paying. Thanks!

That sounds correct to me, assuming the creditor closed the account. The mortgage will be discharged, so the derogatory will stay.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I agree. The derogatory entry will stay. I had the same thing on my credit reports, but they have just fell off (filed Chapter 13 in 2008, but converted to Chapter 7 so it has been 7 years!).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X