This just posted in PACER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just posted in PACER

So I just had a post stating this: "Order Discharging Debtor (s)". Does this mean I'm discharged?

Yes. The next entry should be the certificate of service from the Noticing Center.

Please understand, the entry of your Discharge does not close the case. The case closes after the Trustee issues his/her final report. If that has not already happened, the case will remain "open" until it does. If your Trustee requests additional documentation/info, such as the 2015 tax returns/refunds, you have a duty to cooperate with him/her or potentially face the revocation of the Discharge.

Des.

Comment

I believe the Trustee already issued their final report. This was posted over a month ago: "Docket Text Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution".

Is there an additional final report the Trustee will give?

Comment

Originally posted by bsat873 View Post
        I believe the Trustee already issued their final report. This was posted over a month ago: "Docket Text Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution".Is there an additional final report the Trustee will give?
        No - nothing additional. You are "good to go". Congratulations.

Des.

Comment

Thanks! Only thing that sucks is I had two loans I wanted to reaffirm and my lawyer filed the reaffirmation paperwork however the companies never reaffirmed the debt. One is a car in -2k on and the other is my home loan which I'm +22k on. I hope not reaffirming doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

Comment

If you and the company signed a reaffirmation agreement and it was filed with the court along with your attorney's certification that it is not an undue hardship for you to reaffirm, then the debt is reaffirmed. If it wasn't, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep making payments.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I believe that what your attny filed was the Statement of Intention. It stated that you intend to reaffirm. A reaffirmation agreement is typically generated by the lender and, once signed by all parties, is normally filed with the court by the lender. If you did not sign the actual agreement it probably means that one was not sent. My guess is that so long as you remain current you will be fine. If you did sign such an agreement but it was not filed, call your lender to make sure all is ok. Remember, in the vast majority of jurisdictions, reaffirming is disfavored and such agreements can be routinely "denied" by the court.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X