Bank statements in Western Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank statements in Western Arkansas

Does anyone have any idea how many bank statements have to be turned in to the trustee in bankruptcy court in Fort Smith, Arkansas?

You may be able to, as I just did, perform a Web search to determine if there is a "standard" amount of documentation required. The link below is for a bankruptcy court in the Middle District of Florida that popped up in my search. Of course you're in a different State, but this is probably the generic basic information required prior to the 341 meeting of creditors.

It will also depend on your Trustee and your specific case.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you, Justbroke, for your suggestion. I just tried googling the info. There is a website, but I can't find a list of what to provide to the trustee. I am not filing for a few months, and I'm sure my attorney will let me know. I was just wanting to know now. I may try calling the courthouse tomorrow and see if they will tell me. I am just very nervous about the whole thing and am trying to be as prepared as possible. We are over the median, even without my husband's social security. We pass the means test, but there is a little left over on I/J, after adding the social security in. My attorney said that they can't claim totality of circumstances and make us pay our social security into a ch 13. I hope he knows what he is talking about. I know filing a 13 wouldn't be the end of the world, but I already can't sleep worrying about it all. I don't want to have to worry for 5 years.
      I know I worry too much. I always have. (Just ask my kids) 😊 I just want to plan for it the best I can. Thanks for letting me talk about it. It does help.

Comment

The link to the Florida Chapter 7 required documents, is essentially the "basic" document set which Chapter 7 Trustees generally require. If your case requires more documentation then your Chapter 7 Panel Trustee will ask/demand more documents beyond those in that basic documentation set. The court is probably not going to help you because the court doesn't make that list.

You actually best source for what is "typically" required as the minimum amount of documentation, outside the actual Chapter 7 Panel Trustee, is your attorney.

Best wishes.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The most I have heard of trustees asking for in a typical case is 6 months worth of bank statements. More common is that they want only the bank statement for the month in which you file. I am basing this only on my general memory of experiences that BKforum members have shared over the last few years. My Northern California trustee required only the statements for the month of filing.

More statements may be required if you own a business or if the trustee sees some other red flag that causes him to investigate.

Maybe somebody from AK will see your post and share their experience. If not, as justbroke points out, since you have an attorney, that is the best source to learn what is typical in your court.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X