341 on November 7th....questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 on November 7th....questions

ok NOW I understand how everyone was getting a little nervous/stir crazy, etc right before their meeting - TWO WEEKS!!!!!

First - now that I have a meeting date and case number, should we do our "post filing" education, or should be wait until the meeting is done (we live in MA)

Second - I think this was answered already - but I want to double check - I have been offered a really good job making $3/hour more (and it's more hours too, so even better) - should I tell them I can not start until after November 7th?

Third - bank of mom (god she is good) may help out with Christmas, but I dont want her to cut me a check and have to explain a larger balance than normal (lol, you know positive as compared to negative) at the 341 (and no, she isn't giving us the money, she fully expects it to be returned....wasn't blessed with one of "those" parents lol)

Thoughts?

Getting so close....so close

Lost said the Clerk told them they could go ahead and do the post BK Debtor Education class anytime they wanted to. We waited until the day after our 341 to do ours.

I think the important part is just to get it done and filed before the 45 days after your 341 hits. Remember that it may take the Agency you choose from 2-3 days to a week or more to send your Cert. And, in case your attny forgets to give you one, there's a Court Form you must sign also attesting to the fact that you took and completed your Debtor Education class.

Is Mom giving you money for Christmas since you filed? Post filing date? If that's the case, it won't be an issue at your 341. Everything about your BK froze the day you filed. Bank statements, pay stubs, etc, post filing, don't even enter into the picture.

About the job,........... I'd strongly suggest waiting to see what happens at your 341. Make your decision then.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

God I love this forum

Mom is giving us the money in November - I told her I didn't want it until I found a better paying job, so I know we can pay her back in a timely fashion, all while getting ourselves back on our feet.

Good to know everything froze (October 10th was our filing date). I think I am just going to go ahead and take the course online now (cccs was good for the pre-file, they emailed the certificate as soon as our payment cleared), therefore we can be 100% ahead as far as the requirements go.

Now to get through the meeting without going back on the anxiety meds!!!!!

Comment

our 341 is this Wednesday and I'm already freaking out I have the strangest feeling in my tummy
        9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
        10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
        12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
        1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

Hey guys, dont worry about your 341's. My husband and I filed Prose, I am a big time worrier of nothing, and ours went great. When it was over I couldnt believe it. I almost asked, is that it? I just couldnt believe how easy it was. The anticipation of the 341 and the minutes waiting for your name to be called are the hardest part of this whole situation. Good luck and we will be thinking of you.

Comment

To be safe, any money your accept from relative I would take in cash/money order until the BK is discharged. On the job.....telling them you can start the day after your 341 is probably on the safe side. Also, they will ask you if you expect your income to increase by 10% in the 6 months after filing. But I really wouldn't read that much into it or go into detail. Sounds like you are well on your way! Good luck an don't stress !
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Still trying to not worry! InLimbo, how did your 341 go? Hope you are doing better!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psirasmom View Post
                Still trying to not worry! InLimbo, how did your 341 go? Hope you are doing better!!!!!!!!!
                Hi psirasmon...my 341 went fairly well. The trustee didn't ask us ANY of the questions we thought he would, only questions about the value of guns that my husband has (he thinks they are worth more). So now it's just a waiting game to see what the trustee does about the guns and whatever else may come up. Actually, the atmosphere was very relaxed in the small bk courtroom we were in and I wasn't too nervous at all like I thought I would be. The trustee was very nice and treated everyone there with upmost respect. If the guns are the only issue we have then I feel very blessed, but of course my husband is freaking WAY out!! Good luck to you on your 341, don't try to stress about it and everything will turn out ok.
                9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
                10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
                12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
                1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

One week from tomorrow...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the nerves

So the attorney called today, and said the court wants our last 6 weeks of paystubs, as well as our 2005 tax returns (which we already gave our attorney....ugh) - is this normal? Only thing I can attribute it to is that the stubs we provided were from a few months back, because it took us so long to pay "installments" for his fee?

Comment

Oh - ps - Limbo - glad to hear! Hope hubby's nerves are fairing well!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psirasmom View Post
                      One week from tomorrow...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the nerves

So the attorney called today, and said the court wants our last 6 weeks of paystubs, as well as our 2005 tax returns (which we already gave our attorney....ugh) - is this normal? Only thing I can attribute it to is that the stubs we provided were from a few months back, because it took us so long to pay "installments" for his fee?
                      Totally normal for the trustee to ask for the latest paystubs and tax returns, so don't worry about it (unless they show a lot more income than what you filed with! )

Our Ch 13 trustee asked us to bring our paystubs for the weeks between filing and our 341 and copies of the last two years of our tax returns with us to our 341. We had them with us, but he never asked us for them. Go figure!
                      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Thanks...nerves nerves nerves...thank god for the valiums my doc gave me to sleep on!!!!

Our attorney has told us NOTHING about what to bring with us to the 341...it's a week from today....should I contact the Trustee's office or should I wait?

Comment

I would say that along with paystubs and tax refunds, I would also bring titles to any vehicles, auto insurance policy, title (deed) to home if you own a home, home owners insurance (again, if you own a home), credit card statements and other debts that are on your petition. Your attorney may already have all of this info, but it's good to have it with you. We had to bring a mound of stuff, but Trustee never asked to see the documents.

I would definately put a call into your attorney and ask for a list of what to bring with you. It's better to be over-prepared than not be prepared.

IMO, 341's are a breeze, especially if you know that you have been 100% truthful and you've accurately documented everything to the best of your knowledge, then your 341 should be swift and smooth. Breathe easy. It's nothing to get unnerved about.
                          Bankruptcy History:
                          Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                          Discharged - 02/16/2006
                          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

We lugged all that stuff in with us. BassBoy's list of things. We were the only ones at the 341 that did. Our attny had our file with him that had most of the same stuff I carried. Trustee didn't ask to see a thing.

But, like BB said,.......... Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
                            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                            Discharged - 12/2006
                            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Yeah I did that too.

Originally posted by SinkingFast View Post
                              We lugged all that stuff in with us. BassBoy's list of things. We were the only ones at the 341 that did. Our attny had our file with him that had most of the same stuff I carried. Trustee didn't ask to see a thing.

But, like BB said,.......... Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
                              I lugged a ton of stuff in my folder and ran around the last minute to collect quite a bit more in case the trustee asked for the paperwork.After the intial questions he just said 'thank you and have a nice day'....
                              I was still glad I brought all of it plus!
                              Donna
                              Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X