Attorney who is also A Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney who is also A Trustee

Makes me very nervous. Can they be trusted? How does this work.

Originally posted by busted View Post
    Not unusual at all for trustees to work both sides of the street.
    Many like them because, they sure know what gray areas are acceptable in their district.

Comment

There is an attorney here who WAS a trustee and was asked to step down, I'd have a hard time trusting that one, but if they are still an acting trustee, I would think so. I don't think they could be a trustee over one of their own cases, that would be a conflict of interest, so I would investigate it further. If there is no conflict of interest, they sure would know the ins and outs of what is allowed wouldn't they.
      I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

I was referred to an attorney who used to work as a trustee and he was able to answer all the questions I had that no other attorney could without a doubt. He gave clear concise information because he knew exactly what an attorney would say at any given time about the issue.

I would think that there maybe some dishonest ones just like any other profession there are dishonest folks everywhere.

Personally I appreciated the first hand accurate information.
        ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Comment

Originally posted by busted View Post
          If you've found a bankruptcy attorney who is also a trustee (or was a trustee) for your district, then that's one of the best bk lawyers you can find! As long as your filing is honest, this attorney can absolutely be trusted.

As everyone has said, a lawyer/trustee knows the ins and outs of your district better than anyone. Interview him/her and if you feel you can work well together, retain them and get your bankruptcy ball rolling. This attorney can also be a big help to you sorting out your options to expose fraud in your ex-partner's bankruptcy.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

My attorney is also a Trustee and he is AWESOME! I wouldn't be nervous at all! Who else BUT a Trustee would know what Trustees look for most?
            3/27/07: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO (hers/his) 450/477
            5/10/07: 341 Meeting DONE! Trustee's Report of No Distribution Filed
            7/04/07: FICOs going up! Credit report cleanup (hers/his) 540/536
            7/10/07: DISCHARGED! 8/27/07: CLOSED!

Comment

Many Trustees have a lawyer background. You should be in good hands .

Now if it was a situation were the lawyer was forced to resign as a Trustee that's an indication they were not doing the job well, but if they still on the job or merely retired from Trustee on their own you should be okay
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X