Banker Speaks to me About My CH7 at a School Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banker Speaks to me About My CH7 at a School Function

I live in a small town. The former manager of our local branch of a major bank that held my mortgage and was included in my bankruptcy happens to run into me and my six-year-old daughter at a school function. He walks over greeting me like an old friend and then says: "I always wonder how someone who is bankrupt affords to take his kid to Disney World." Then to my daughter, "Did you have a nice trip?"

I thought of fifty things I should have said, wished I said and want to say AFTER he was gone. It happened so fast, that I was totally shocked. I'm just thankful that no other parents were close enough to hear what he said.

He is right, we did go to Disney World just recently. However, when I filed I was truly bankrupt. Since then I've received a promotion that included a 30% raise. In addition, I no longer have those 1st and 2nd mortgage, credit card and other payments to worry about as I live in a paid for mobile home and drive a 1996 vehicle. I just hate for someone to make it sound as if I've done something wrong or dishonest.

I guess there are always going to be judgemental people who throw stones. I'm sorry that happened to you. So much for the privacy act.

Comment

My god, that's terrible!! What a jerk!!
      Chapter 7 Filed: 12/22/08
      341 Meeting: 1/22/09
      Discharged and Closed: 3/24/09

Comment

Dreadful. What a jerk. There is absolutely no excuse for this man. Thank God you were out of earshot of anyone else.

It looks to me like your bk was successful! You're back on your feet and have turned your situation around, which is great. Isn't this what is supposed to happen? Why would anyone want someone who has gone through a bankruptcy to stay poor???? Who is served by that?? How is your community enriched by you staying down and beaten?

Keep your chin up--this man is just plain ignorant . . .

Comment

Thats BS...How dare someone even have the guts to say something like that to anyone.....I am extremely outspoken, but i would NEVER say such a thing.

Comment

I can only add. . . .

Banks are in SERIOUS trouble.

Very soon you may have the chance to return the favor.

If you choose to do so, I don't think that would speak ill of your character, given what this person did to you.

Horrible. . . .
            11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
            12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Perfect response... "so how much bail out money did your Bank get? Are you even solvent? Did you write a bunch of bad loans? Will you be unemployed soon?"
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                Perfect response... "so how much bail out money did your Bank get? Are you even solvent? Did you write a bunch of bad loans? Will you be unemployed soon?"
                Lol! My perfect response couldn't be said in front of a six year old
                Filed 5/12/09
                341 6/11/09
                discharged 8/11/09
                Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Probably a good reason he is the former manager! What a dick! (sorry, but what a DICK!)

You should thrust it down his throat how much fun you did have. I would wear Disneyworld sweatshirts to every school function from now until the end of the school term just to piss him off. Futher Mucker!

There are so many now very wealthy people who have filed BK in the past, BK doesn't mean you are a pauper forever.

Don't worry, Karma is going to come back to bite him in the ass if it hasn't already!

Comment

Ignorance is the only nice word I can say about this banker. Turning his nose down, acting holier than thou, what a jerk. He can keep on wondering how bankrupt people can afford to go on a trip because you keep your head high, you did nothing wrong by giving your family a fresh start. Maybe some day very soon he will be in the same boat and then he won't have to wonder anymore.

Comment

He's just jealous!!

He may be jealous. If he was the former manager, he may have a lower paying job, be saddled with high mortgages, credit cards, etc. You on the other hand have been given a new, wonderful, fresh start.

I can't wait to get where you are...I'm jealous too. (Filing in couple of months)

Congrats and I hope you had a wonderful time at Disneyland!!

D...

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
                        Probably a good reason he is the former manager! What a dick! (sorry, but what a DICK!)

Don't worry, Karma is going to come back to bite him in the ass if it hasn't already!
                        Exactly. What an ignorant ass! grrrr. Hopefully Karma will bite his ass HARD!
                        07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
                        08/10/09 341
                        10/16/09 Discharged
                        02/01/10 Closed

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post

I was going to say the same thing! He will understand when it happens to him.

Comment

Ditto dingdong's response. Sounds like a great plan to me. (BTW dingdong I have loved reading your posts. ) I agree that it sounds like sour grapes coming from someone up to their eyeballs in debt and wondering how to stay afloat while working in the finance world. Congrats Bell30656 on the new lifestyle that allowed you to go to DW and spend quality time with the daughter.
                            Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                            341: 5/12
                            Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Perhaps something like this response is appropriate.
                              I used it on a few before we were forced to file that treated me like dirt on the phone that we owed money to~

"Perhaps you will be as fortunate as we have been and you too will lose your jobs and have barely enough income to make basic bills. Then you can come to me for advice on how to do the bankruptcy procedure."

Fact of the matter is that if this guy had done this to me face to face he would not have made his car!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X