top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had our 341 today and we have a rental :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had our 341 today and we have a rental :)

We had our 341 today. I had been really worried and concerned about the whole thing. I couldn't find my SS card so I looked for it about a week ago and finally found it. I was scared that if I had to get a new one they wouldn't accept the letter that the office gives you saying you were ordering a new one. But by the time I went to bed last night I had all the stuff together.

We got there early. Our attorney met us and we went over some things. He went over what was going to happen at the meeting. Then we went inside. They were breaking a little bit and it seemed kind of unprofessional to me for the trustee, clerks and attorneys to be talking about football and a broken down car in front of all of us. That was just me, I guess.

They called a roll call first and three creditors had shown up for one guy but he hadn't shown up. He was filing for a "reset". The creditors were not happy as apparently this guy has been playing the BK system. After they issued the reset then they continued. Dh and I were 2nd in line. We did the oath and answered some basic questions. I clarified my business and there were no other questions about it. Now all we have to do is do the counseling and wait. We plan to do the counseling either this weekend or early next week.

I know some people have asked what to wear. My dh and I both wore nice jeans and nice shirts. Others wore khakis with nice tops or even a suit. No one was in shorts or sweats or anything like that.

We are now ready to move. We actually found a rental home and there was no application fee or credit check He didn't even ask for references or anything. We had cash money for the deposit and that was good enough for him. This was with a private landowner that rented out homes, not an apartment complex. We have a nice rental house in a quiet, residential neighborhood and there were no issues with our credit. I even called to get power on in our name at the end of the month and I don't have to pay a deposit either We are moving at the end of the month. We will keep power and water on at our home until the end of November, then it's getting turned off. The hearing for the "stay of relief" is at the end of October.
    C in GA - Filed Chapter 7 Aug '09
    341 Hearing Oct 8, '09 - DONE

Sounds like everything is good. Best of luck to you.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats and good luck with your new start. Sounds like you found a cozy little home to settle down in!
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Congrats!!
        Retained Lawyer: 10/1/09
        Filed in Lawyer's Office! 10/8/09
        ::waiting on 341 meeting date!::
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like it went well! Congrats!
          Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
          Last day for objections 1/22/2010
          Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
          Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

C - I read your info on your 'blog', are you moving to GA? If so and your DH is still looking for a job, I would suggest trying to apply at Discount Tire Co., He can really climb the ladder there!
            Retained Lawyer: 10/1/09
            Filed in Lawyer's Office! 10/8/09
            ::waiting on 341 meeting date!::
            sigpic

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X