top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for cheapest, on line pre BK counseling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for cheapest, on line pre BK counseling...

We're filing THIS MONTH -- finally! Now we need to complete the pre-BK credit counseling. Can you share any suggestions of good online courses that are inexpensive? So far, I've found most seem to charge $50 - I did find one (Abacus) that only charges $25 for the couple.

If you can provide recommendations, I will be able to look them up on the US Trustee website to ensure they are accepted in my district (Northern Illiniois)

THANK YOU!!!

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    We're filing THIS MONTH -- finally! Now we need to complete the pre-BK credit counseling. Can you share any suggestions of good online courses that are inexpensive? So far, I've found most seem to charge $50 - I did find one (Abacus) that only charges $25 for the couple.

If you can provide recommendations, I will be able to look them up on the US Trustee website to ensure they are accepted in my district (Northern Illiniois)

THANK YOU!!!
    I found "o worries financial" that cost $14.95 per filer for the pre and post filing education. That was the cheapest i found.
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

hi, my lawyer was able to give me a list of those that were approved for my state.
      Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
      341 Meeting 01/05/2009
      Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Subscribing
        if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

Comment

No matter which pre-filing counseling course agency you find, be absolutely certain that your state has that agency on their approved list. Otherwise it's a complete waste of your time and money.

Here's the link to the approved pre-filing credit counseling agencies for each state - http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa...c_approved.htm

And since you'll have to take the post-filing mandatory debt education course too before you are discharged, here's the link to each state's pre-approved debt education courses as well - http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa...e_approved.htm
          Last edited by lrprn; 01-04-2010, 09:15 PM.
          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Try sage financial. I think the web address is www.sagefinancial.com. they were 35 when I did it.
            Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
            341 meeting 4-1-10
            Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

Www.sagepf.com that's the web address
              Filed Chapter 7 2-28-10
              341 meeting 4-1-10
              Discharged 6-2-10

Comment

Is free cheap enough? I found this site after I paid for my counseling. http://www.consumerbankruptcycounseling.info/

Check to see if they are listed for your state, but the site says:

"Do not use this website if you live in the State of Alabama or the State of North Carolina, as you cannot receive a valid certification from this website at this time if you reside in any of these states. If you live anywhere else subject to federal bankruptcy jurisdiction, you can now receive a valid certification from this website."

Unfortunately, they don't offer the post-filing class.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                  Is free cheap enough? I found this site after I paid for my counseling. http://www.consumerbankruptcycounseling.info/
                  Yep. Definitely legit. We used them, and it took about 2 business days to get the certificates (PDF format) sent to us via Email. If you don't mind waiting a few days, go ahead and use them! You really can't beat FREE
                  This isn't legal advice. It is just informational based on my experiences through the process, and some of the lessons I've learned.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post

Check to see if they are listed for your state, but the site says:

"Do not use this website if you live in the State of Alabama or the State of North Carolina, as you cannot receive a valid certification from this website at this time if you reside in any of these states. If you live anywhere else subject to federal bankruptcy jurisdiction, you can now receive a valid certification from this website."

Unfortunately, they don't offer the post-filing class.

Thank you SO much for sharing this!!! This will save us $50 that we don't have to begin with!!!

Comment

My lawyer had e-mailed me a listing of appproved counselors in my area. I decided on this one:

inchargefoundation.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, inchargefoundation.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

If they are approved for your district, they do offer an online course. The telephone course is $50, but the online course is only $30. I went with the online version. You do have to call in once you have completed the course so that they can go over everything with you, but they will e-mail the certificate (pdf format) to both you and your attorney. It looks like they also offer the post-bankruptcy counseling for $25 if you do it online.

I do know they are not approved for Northern Alabama from what they had said on their website, but I'm not sure about your district.
                      Filed: 6/30/2010
                      341: 7/26/2010
                      Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

I wanted to bump this info in case anyone else could benefit . Thanks to this thread, we used the free ConsumerBankruptcyCounseling site.... it was super easy and we had our certificates emailed within 48 hours after finishing. Thanks again!!

Comment

I used abacus.org for pre-filing at $25---and sage for post-filing---at $35.

What I liked is that I had to redo the pre-filing certificate---did it too early---
                          and when I called abacus---the company didn't charge me---and the redo was short.
                          Sage also had great customer service---and I got both certificates within a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanfish View Post
                            I wanted to bump this info in case anyone else could benefit . Thanks to this thread, we used the free ConsumerBankruptcyCounseling site.... it was super easy and we had our certificates emailed within 48 hours after finishing. Thanks again!!
                            I used this one too. And free was actually FREE!!!!
                            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Wow - this info is so very helpful. Glad the question was asked.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X