new job after discharge but before close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new job after discharge but before close

Hi. I have an opportunity to move to another state and take a job that will pay about 5K per month. My case will close in a few weeks. I am a no asset. I was discharged today.

Should I wait until the case closes since the income is substantially greater than the limit for a single guy filing ch 7?

Originally posted by gohornsgo View Post
    Hi. I have an opportunity to move to another state and take a job that will pay about 5K per month. My case will close in a few weeks. I am a no asset. I was discharged today.

Should I wait until the case closes since the income is substantially greater than the limit for a single guy filing ch 7?
    I'm not an attorney, so take my 2 cents for what it is worth: Take the job and move on with your life. Chapter 7 is a "snapshot" of your financial picture the day that you file. You are allowed to earn a living and if you can, better yourself, after the day of filing. With few exceptions (inheritance, lottery winnings, etc) you don't have to notify the court of any increase in income.

Congratulations!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

take the job and don't worry about a thing! enjoy your new freedom

you could also call the clerk's office and ask them to close the case which they may do right there and then if it's no asset.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

concur with everyone...it's not like you got the job before your 341.
        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X