Reaffirmation Hearing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmation Hearing??

Is a reaffirmation hearing mandatory to reaffirm a vehicle? We received a reaffirmation agreement with the lender which we are going to sign and our lawyer is signing off on too. I wasn't sure but since our lawyer also signed it, will there still be a reaffirmation hearing or will we not have to go to one? Thanks for any input!!

I may be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure if you file bk with an attorney you don't have a hearing. I've heard hearings only apply to people who file pro se?

Comment

We just signed the paperwork for our reaffirmation agreements, no hearing. We had one for a vehicle and one for a house.
      Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
      Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

You only need to go to a reaffirmation hearing if you don't have a lawyer.
        11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

My lawyer wants me to pay $250 extra in case there is a hearing. I will take my chances and not pay..Although I now want to reaffirm one of my houses to get a credit rating. it is not upside down..does anyone know if I can do this now?

Comment

Our lawyer charges extra for handling reaffirmations as well. Not necessary for him to handle them. We filled out the paperwork and the hearing can be done over the phone. We are going to be on vacation and we have a scheduled PHONE hearing during our vacation. The court is actually contacting us. We just have to remember to have our cell phone on and with us. I don't see the purpose of a lawyer dealing with it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X