top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter from Bass & associates 6 months after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter from Bass & associates 6 months after discharge?

Telling me they have received discharge papers and want to know when I will be surrendering there secured property.
    Best Buy... we bought a tv & sound system thing over.2 years ago that we paid on for 1.5 years before we filed.
    I'm assuming I should just ignore this? I'm not voluntarily surrendering anything!
    Filing cpt.7 11/09 341- 1/21/10
    Report of no distribution 1/21/10
    Scheduled for discharge 3/22/10 (on my 15th wedding anniversary!)

Originally posted by eventsdj View Post
    Telling me they have received discharge papers and want to know when I will be surrendering there secured property.
    Best Buy... we bought a tv & sound system thing over.2 years ago that we paid on for 1.5 years before we filed.
    I'm assuming I should just ignore this? I'm not voluntarily surrendering anything!
    I would ignore it. If they persist, tell them to come pick up the television. (which they won't). They are just trying to shake you down for money on a discharged debt. Technically they have a right to the merchandise, but used electronics sell for pennies on the dollar and they are not going to come and get your used electronics. Best Buy is known for sending letters like that.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

really...these best buy people are so nuts!!! tell them you peed on the computer or tv...really...now seriously..they are in violation of the bk laws and you can file a complaint against them if they continue.

that had an opportunity to file an ap during the course of your bk when it was open...so they are WAY off the mark here...

if you get bored...I LOVE TO HAVE A word or two with them....LOL!!

really, i know this is absolutely NOT funny to you...but they are so full of it and so in violation it's just a shame.

so follow b2s advise and just ignore them.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I like that idea...mark your property...just like my dog...awesome I'll remember that one............I can visualize the facial expresion of the dimwhit when you tell them you pee'd on it.....

Comment

Originally posted by dspii View Post
          I like that idea...mark your property...just like my dog...awesome I'll remember that one............I can visualize the facial expresion of the dimwhit when you tell them you pee'd on it.....
          indeed.....peetal and spital ...body fluids always have a way of making an extremely direct point.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            really...these best buy people are so nuts!!! tell them you peed on the computer or tv...really...now seriously..they are in violation of the bk laws and you can file a complaint against them if they continue.

that had an opportunity to file an ap during the course of your bk when it was open...so they are WAY off the mark here...

if you get bored...I LOVE TO HAVE A word or two with them....LOL!!

really, i know this is absolutely NOT funny to you...but they are so full of it and so in violation it's just a shame.

so follow b2s advise and just ignore them.
            There is no violation here.
            If the poster bought these items on a Best Buy store card Best Buy has a PMSI.
            They have the right to demand the return of the merchandise.
            The OP needs to do a search for Bass and Associates on this site. This SOP for them. As B2S suggested, just ignore them and they'll go bother someone else.

Comment

Bass and Ass are relentless...at least, their automailer is relentless. Ignore them for a while, or tell them to come and get it, cat stains, cigarette smoke, custom paint job, carved initials (to prevent theft, you know) and all. Tell them you will meet them at the door wearing a leather jockstrap and a ball gag, and you will only open the door during the full moon or the solstice. Oh, and they should be wearing all white clothing. If they show up, bolt it all to the ceiling.

Comment

btbeme......you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!
                Filed PRO SE 10/12/10......341 held 11/8/10......awaiting discharge.....

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
                  There is no violation here.
                  If the poster bought these items on a Best Buy store card Best Buy has a PMSI.
                  They have the right to demand the return of the merchandise.
                  The OP needs to do a search for Bass and Associates on this site. This SOP for them. As B2S suggested, just ignore them and they'll go bother someone else.
                  i disagree...they had their opportunity to file an ap and did not...the bankruptcy was discharged and if the debt was listed and discharged then the creditor is in fact in violation of a few laws besides the ftc.

i know all about the pmsi....and it doesn't stand up at the ap....or perhaps you have an example of one that has. i have known numerous people who have fought when best buy as filed ap's and NOT once have they withheld their position. actually, they simply ended up going away...

just because there is the pmsi, does not mean it holds up in court. after the discharge i beg to differ...they have no rights to pursue collections if the debt, was in fact, listed on the petition and discharged.

i can see it now....the section of best buy stores..."USED SECTION" ITEMS FOR SALE REPOSSESSED FROM YOUR NEIGHBOR.....exactly where do you think all these things go to?? LOL!!!
                  Last edited by tobee43; 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                    i disagree...they had their opportunity to file an ap and did not...the bankruptcy was discharged and if the debt was listed and discharged then the creditor is in fact in violation of a few laws besides the ftc.

i know all about the pmsi....and it doesn't stand up at the ap....or perhaps you have an example of one that has. i have known numerous people who have fought when best buy as filed ap's and NOT once have they withheld their position. actually, they simply ended up going away...

just because there is the pmsi, does not mean it holds up in court. after the discharge i beg to differ...that have no rights to pursue collections if the debt, was in fact listed.
                    This is just not correct. There is no violation if all there are trying to do is collect the merchandise. They can't ask for money but they sure can try and make arrangements to get the goods returned.
                    All the ex. I've seen on this boards with Bass and Associates has come to nothing . Just a bluff to try and get the debtor to try and make a settlement offer.

Comment

This is just not correct. There is no violation if all there are trying to do is collect the merchandise. They can't ask for money but they sure can try and make arrangements to get the goods returned.
                      All the ex. I've seen on this boards with Bass and Associates has come to nothing . Just a bluff to try and get the debtor to try and make a settlement offer.
                      the merchandise itself was unsecured collateral...that's like saying because your pantry is full of foods you purchased with a cc that the creditor to whom you charged the food in your pantry had a right to come and get it.

these terrible statics are more the issue here than anything else....and you, of all people on this site, whom i hold at a somewhat higher standard than most, (sorry to say, actually not sorry that i think highly of you)...knows all these people do are harass...

i agree to disagree....

Comment

I agree with keepmine. Bestbuy, certain furniture finance plans, and certain computer finance plans state right in the terms of service that they hold a security interest in the items purchased, until the debt is paid off. This is not the same as holding a car lien or a house lien because they cannot put a formal lien on the goods, and the goods have no title, etc, but the creditor is within their rights to try to collect the goods if the debt goes unpaid. The debt is treated like unsecured nonpriority debt in bankruptcy court, but the creditor still has a right to repossess the goods bought with the card.
                        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          I agree with keepmine. Bestbuy, certain furniture finance plans, and certain computer finance plans state right in the terms of service that they hold a security interest in the items purchased, until the debt is paid off. This is not the same as holding a car lien or a house lien because they cannot put a formal lien on the goods, and the goods have no title, etc, but the creditor is within their rights to try to collect the goods if the debt goes unpaid. The debt is treated like unsecured nonpriority debt in bankruptcy court, but the creditor still has a right to repossess the goods bought with the card.
                          well...then it's back to using bodily fluids to me!

actually, i know someone that had purchased 3 tv's from best buy...(4 years prior to the filing) a ap was in fact filed, it was requested that the debtor returned the tvs....but they lost and ran away like a doggy with their tail between their legs...sure they can ask...but apparently when confronted by the courts they lost their position...i know this happened to at least 3 others. so, my point being, seeing that pmsi challenged legally and losing time again, it just crazy they don't just stop....i mean really what's their point?? you'd think best buy would have better things to do with their money then to retain Bass & associates.

you know we just do a survey to see how many people actually returned the merchandise to bass...i would love to know!!
                          Last edited by tobee43; 10-26-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I guess I'll be running into this same situation soon perhaps. Only thing is I had 2 large purchases with best buy (the HSBC one, not the Chase one) and a few little things and the whole of it is about half paid off. I wonder which item they'd want back.

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
                              Bass and Ass are relentless...at least, their automailer is relentless. Ignore them for a while, or tell them to come and get it, cat stains, cigarette smoke, custom paint job, carved initials (to prevent theft, you know) and all. Tell them you will meet them at the door wearing a leather jockstrap and a ball gag, and you will only open the door during the full moon or the solstice. Oh, and they should be wearing all white clothing. If they show up, bolt it all to the ceiling.
                              THAT is funny. Quoted for hilarity!
                              Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X