Dressing for the 341 next week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dressing for the 341 next week....

Ugh. Ok, so at the last meeting the attorney told us we didn't need to dress "up", but casual was ok.

On the 1st of this month I broke my foot. I have to be on crutches for 4 wks. (So, I'll still be on crutches at the 341) Plus I have an aircast that goes to right below my knee (and they are big and bulky).

I was planning on wearing slacks, blouse and heels next week. Welllll, I can't get any pants around the aircast except for my jeans, and I have to wear a tennis shoe on my good foot. (No heels, or shoes without good traction LOL).

So, is it going to be totally awful if I wear jeans and a nice blouse and/or sweater (depending on weather) to the 341?

The attorney said no problem, but I'm worried. If I could easily go shopping for some slacks, I would--but not allowed to drive for another 2 wks, and shopping on crutches stinks.

When we attended our 341, we went casual but many people showed up in jeans. I think wearing jeans will be fine, the only thing you DON'T want to do is wear anything flashy (expensive suits, expensive jewelery, etc.)
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Originally posted by laurannm View Post
      When we attended our 341, we went casual but many people showed up in jeans. I think wearing jeans will be fine, the only thing you DON'T want to do is wear anything flashy (expensive suits, expensive jewelery, etc.)
      LOL, no I don't have anything flashy. I am not working, and even when I did work PT, it was pretty casual, so I didn't have a ton of "dressier" clothes to start with. But the dress pants I do have don't fit well over "the boot". Not to mention, they'd look stupid with my tennies. LOL

Comment

Yep, no jewelry, no expensive watches. And for heavens sake, if you have a non-exempt vehicle, don't drive it to the meeting.

There are several instances of a trustee having the debtor turn over keys to a non-exempt vehicle at the 341 meeting, it is actually hilarious (in a dark-humor sort of way) to watch.
        Last edited by HHM; 02-17-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I wore jeans, a casual shirt, and everyday shoes and fit in just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
            Yep, no jewelry, no expensive watches. And for heavens sake, if you have a non-exempt vehicle, don't drive it to the meeting.

There are several instances of a trustee having the debtor turn over keys to a non-exempt vehicle at the 341 meeting, it is actually hilarious (in a dark-humor sort of way) to watch.
            Man, that would STINK! LOL

No, we don't have anything that doesn't fit nicely into our exemptions.

Honestly, I probably won't even have a purse at the 341. It's hard to carry on the crutches, and dh hates it when I ask him to carry it. LOL. I may just carry a little wrislet with my ID for the 341.

Comment

I do NOT know why this strikes me as funny. . .my friend Jem, I can assure you that you will be just fine. Whatever you do, do not show up carrying a Channel purse, wearing $1,000 a pair designer jeans, a Vera Wang cashmere sweater, Harry Winston jewels, designer sunglasses, tinsle in your hair smacking your gum and begging the Trustee to let you keep your summer home in the Hamptons and the spare Bentley in your 5th garage. LOL. I'm so bad. . . .
              Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

I have my 341 meeting on march 8th, and i am going to wear a pair of shorts and a tee shirt saying ( I AM BROKE)!! LOL just kidding. planning on going in a pair of black pants and a pull over sweater, this weather is crazy here.

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
                  Ugh. Ok, so at the last meeting the attorney told us we didn't need to dress "up", but casual was ok.

On the 1st of this month I broke my foot. I have to be on crutches for 4 wks. (So, I'll still be on crutches at the 341) Plus I have an aircast that goes to right below my knee (and they are big and bulky).

I was planning on wearing slacks, blouse and heels next week. Welllll, I can't get any pants around the aircast except for my jeans, and I have to wear a tennis shoe on my good foot. (No heels, or shoes without good traction LOL).

So, is it going to be totally awful if I wear jeans and a nice blouse and/or sweater (depending on weather) to the 341?

The attorney said no problem, but I'm worried. If I could easily go shopping for some slacks, I would--but not allowed to drive for another 2 wks, and shopping on crutches stinks.
                  i know this seems worrisome for you....but really don't be concerned just be clean and neat. i saw from jeans to suits....we dressed "casual" poor....

i so agree with laurannm...NO jewelery!!!!!!!!! no expensive handbags....if you have any...(i didn't have any more at the time sold them all)....and don't worry about being on crutches it might help a bit..and sorry about your foot...i totally understand i had knee surgery and am down for 8 weeks and have to use a walker since i can't use crutches since i also torn both rotor cuffs...what a mess i am! LOL!!

anyway...you will fine...wear one shoe or sneakers really...be safe that's what is important...after all you don't need another broken foot!

best of luck!
                  Last edited by tobee43; 02-17-2011, 12:24 PM.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

My husband wore jeans and a nice shirt. I wore Docker's and a sweater. Don't sweat it. There are some that showed up and they looked they just came from the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by addisonsmom View Post
                      My husband wore jeans and a nice shirt. I wore Docker's and a sweater. Don't sweat it. There are some that showed up and they looked they just came from the gym.
                      LOL!!!!! what they could afford a gym membership??? LOL...your right tho.. i saw a few of "those" as well..
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I dressed "casual poor", heehee Tobee, and was shocked when the trustee asked ME whom I represented. He thought I was an attorney (I felt rather complimented!)

At my 341 most people were dressed in jeans or slacks with nice shirts. I saw no Harry Winston or Louboutins.
                        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Our 341 was also a mixture of suits, casual, jeans and untucked shirts and tee shirts. I'm sure jeans and a nice top will be fine. Some also brought their children. The trustee was very nice and even made conversation with the children. You know what they say....if the shoe fits!!!
                          Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

Thanks everyone! I won't worry about it--and just try to look as nice as possible in jeans.

Comment

At my 341 I don't think I had worn so little jewelry since I was about 10. LOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X