Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's official! I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!

Well I finally get to use my signature line...LOL

I have officially filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy!!

It's been a LONG year! I can't not even express how thankful I am to every single person who has helped me along the way on this forum!

I'm not going to lie I did cry walking out of the lawyer's office this morning. I'm usually a pretty tough cookie and don't cry much but today I didn't get the sense of relief I was looking for. Instead I got an overwhelming sense of failure. I know filing was the best decision for me and my family but since I'm the one who does the finances I kind of feel like this was solely my fault. I know this feeling will pass but right now it's a crappy feeling.

So thanks again everyone here!!

Have a great weekend!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

PIZZZZZZZZZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{feddy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

have the BEST weekend ever!!! you so deserve it!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      PIZZZZZZZZZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{feddy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

have the BEST weekend ever!!! you so deserve it!
      LOL We had pizza last night. I'm taking the kiddos to see Harry Potter b/c the Hubs and I donated blood and received free tickets!

I do plan on having a few drinks this weekend. I feel it's well deserved..LOL

Thanks again for all your help and support! It means a lot!!
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
        LOL We had pizza last night. I'm taking the kiddos to see Harry Potter b/c the Hubs and I donated blood and received free tickets!

I do plan on having a few drinks this weekend. I feel it's well deserved..LOL

Thanks again for all your help and support! It means a lot!!
        you kidding me right??? you have been here for so many!!! i'm just so happy for you...harry potter...ahhhhhhh i'm so jealous!!! and don't tell me the ending, i didn't read the book! LOL!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats! i know it's easy to advice not to feel bad so instead what i will offer is to take this time and be sure you all understand clearly how you arrived here and vow to be sure it won't happen again even if it's merely an understanding of how very important it is to have a fail safe plan if the bottom does fall out again in the future such as a savings account.

But this will pass and hopefully you will be on your way to your well deserved fresh start. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
            Congrats! i know it's easy to advice not to feel bad so instead what i will offer is to take this time and be sure you all understand clearly how you arrived here and vow to be sure it won't happen again even if it's merely an understanding of how very important it is to have a fail safe plan if the bottom does fall out again in the future such as a savings account.

But this will pass and hopefully you will be on your way to your well deserved fresh start. Good Luck!
            Thanks! I definitely have a better understanding of how I got here and do not plan on every going down that road again..lol

Comment

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! Freddie, wonderful!!!!!!

(I have to convince one offspring to go see Mr. Potter with me - I am THE Potter fan in the house - read all books!)

Comment

Congrats. You made a good business decision for your family. You'll be discharged before you know it.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                  WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! Freddie, wonderful!!!!!!

(I have to convince one offspring to go see Mr. Potter with me - I am THE Potter fan in the house - read all books!)
                  Thanks!
                  My kids have read all the books. I'm just a movie watcher. I'm excited to see it tonight! Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                    Congrats. You made a good business decision for your family. You'll be discharged before you know it.
                    Thanks! It's been a long time coming! I'm hoping these next few months fly by!

Comment

Thanks!
                      My kids have read all the books. I'm just a movie watcher. I'm excited to see it tonight! Have fun!
                      You too!!! You deserve some fun!!!

Comment

I'm not going to lie I did cry walking out of the lawyer's office this morning. I'm usually a pretty tough cookie and don't cry much but today I didn't get the sense of relief I was looking for. Instead I got an overwhelming sense of failure. I know filing was the best decision for me and my family but since I'm the one who does the finances I kind of feel like this was solely my fault. I know this feeling will pass but right now it's a crappy feeling.
                        Freddy- I am so happy you were finally able to file! I believe we joined the forum around the same time, although you post WAY more often than I do, LOL!!!

I felt the same way after filing, but that passes too. Have a great weekend and enjoy Harry Potter tonight!
                        Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Originally posted by onthefence View Post
                          Freddy- I am so happy you were finally able to file! I believe we joined the forum around the same time, although you post WAY more often than I do, LOL!!!

I felt the same way after filing, but that passes too. Have a great weekend and enjoy Harry Potter tonight!
                          Thanks!! Yes I did post a lot...LOL It's a years worth of questions and saying congrats to everyone else.

Comment

Congrats on this milestone! Don't ever sell yourself short on the advice and help you have offered to those of us just starting out these last couple of months. You have helped more than you know. We learn from each other and the support is the saving grace for most of us here. Thank you for all you have to contribute and go enjoy the movie!

Comment

Ohhhh Freddy. {{{ hugs hugs hugs }}}.....you got me crying. I'm sooooooo happy for you. Enjoy.
                              filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                              "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X