32 days past 341 - no notes in Pacer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 days past 341 - no notes in Pacer!

Ok. I'm really, really, really trying to be patient. But today is day 32 after my 341 meeting and there are no notes in pacer. I would just assume that the trustee is busy and hasn't had time to update but we had some assets that the trustee was going to see if she could sell so we were led to believe that we MIGHT turn into an asset case. Well, the suspense is killing me. I would ask our attorney but she is (inconveniently) on vacation. What do you think? Should Pacer have been updated by now? I know the trustee only has 30 days to file an objection to our exemptions or a request for an extension and it's past that...

Ahhhhhhhhh grasshopper, patience is a virtue.

On the assets, no news is good news. As to the rest of pacer, the trustee is probably just running behind. Many of the trustees just wait until they get a pile and do it all at once.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

No news is good news. You should "eligible" to have your discharge order entered (written) in the next 28 or so days. The discharge is what you are waiting for! As for closing, the Trustee could literally take months or even a couple of years to find assets, obtain control over them, liquidate them, and then make disbursements to those filing allowed claims.

I would stop worrying. It appears you are a provisional asset case. There won't be a lot of activity unless and until the Trustee finds something to administer and then sends out a notice to the creditors to file claims because of a potential distribution. (As for their 30 days to object to exemptions, that's standard. But asset determination has no real limit!)

Try to relax.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Don't mean to jump on your thread Sungirl, but I was curious about the 30-day exemption deadline as well. Sounds like you're in pretty shape.

justbroke, do you mean that the trustee has a 30 deadline to say a final yes or no on specifically claimed exemptions? The value of one of our vehicles was questioned and I'm just wondering if we'll get a final answer by our 30 day mark. We were told the value was accepted and how do we want to pay, tossed remaining dignity, busted b_tt to get the $$.... then find out today an appraiser is coming out. Just wondering how long this particular portion of the roller coast ride will last.
        BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

If there is a question of exemptions, the Trustee must file an Objection to Claim of Exemptions by 30-days after the "concluded" 341 Meeting of Creditors. The 30-day mark is not a point at which you would know the value or that the value is due to be disclosed. This 30-day timeframe is really to make sure the Trustee makes any objections to your claim of exemption or a specific treatment of the law for property. Once the Trustee files the Objection, you would either Oppose it and/or attend the hearing on the objection.

Once you're declared an asset case, which your particular case appears to be, then the Trustee literally has as much time as they "need" in order to liquidate the estate. Now, I can't define "need", but it appears that your Trustee is moving along and sending an appraiser means that they are not liking your valuation.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I guess I was just hoping I would know for sure IF she was objecting. Not really bothered if it takes her a long time to liquidate, but I assumed I would know what her intentions were by the 30 or 31 day point as the trustee has to file something with the court. Waiting and being patient isn't really my strong suit!

Comment

Thank you justbroke. Yes, he didn't like Kelly Blue Book value. He's sending a vehicle auction guy over.
              BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X